Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in March 2014's Writing Magazines?

edited February 2014 in - WM and WN
Yes, it's that time again...

Who'’s in March 2014's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 6th February so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Mine's come this morning! Am I the first?
  • Mine arrived less than five minutes ago, so you beat me.
  • No, mine came too. First there though!
  • Still waiting for our post. So any recognisable names in this issue?
  • Haven't looked yet, Carol!
  • Mine's arrived, but didn't see anyone I immediately recognised named.
  • Got mine, too. I recognised a name on the letters page.
  • Yes, just looked- that was the page I was on when my son came in looking for another stone for sharpening his wood chisel...
  • Mine's just arrived. Preparing my lunch so will have a look through while having lunch.
  • Is there something I should know about 2014? Are we going straight to winter this year Webbo? According to my WM the December! issue is on sale on March 6th.
  • Probably as good a place as any to say hi (this is the point where someone tells me about where I should be saying hi).
    Anticipating my first delivery of WM, a Christmas present from my other half to encourage me to write. From the posts here it looks like it might be on its way.

Hi everyone - looking forward to being part of the community.
  • Hi fudged, and welcome.

If you start a thread of your own, introducing yourself, other TBers will see it. Not everyone reads this one! :)
  • Wilts: "According to my WM the December! issue is on sale on March 6th."

Oops. Think we might have got a bit carried away with the forward planning, sorry.
    (It's February now, we're talking about March issue, just producing the one for April with a comps listing running up to December, and I've just page planned everything up to August. I couldn't tell you if it's Wednesday or purple.)
  • Thanks Tiny Nell... I'll probably wait until I have something worth saying :-)
  • I wouldn't worry about that, fudged! We witter on about anything and everything... not that I'm suggesting you're a witterer - far from it! You can just say hello like you did here. Anyway, no pressure. Drop in when you're good 'n' ready. :D
  • Mine arrived this morning! Planning on reading it tonight.

Oh, and welcome, fudged. :)
  • Hi Debby! How's the novel going?
  • Going good, TN. Thanks for asking.

Just finished Chapter 4. Not as far on as I'd planned, but 1,000 words a day? Who was I trying to kid?! ;))

The story has taken unexpected twists and turns (meaning many a scribbled note), but also life and lots of fun have been responsible for my sometimes shockingly low word count - not that I can complain about that! ;)

Overall, I'm happy with how it's shaping up. How's things with you?
  • That's a relief Webbo. Can look forward to spring now. :)
  • Ooh, apologies for veering off topic on this thread. Just me blethering too much as usual. %-(
  • It seems to have been a quiet month for TB's this issue...
  • Mine came today; spotted someone from TB already!
  • A quick break from my TB hiatus to say...I'm in WM for the first time :D

Yaaaay!!
  • Well done, BR. :)
  • hope mine comes today :-/
  • edited February 2014
    Well done, br!

I've pitched a couple of tmes, but never got any kind of reply, nor any response to requests for guideline.
  • There are guidelines for WM? @-)
  • Well done, br!

I missed that as I flicked through. I haven't sat down to read it properly yet.
  • Carol, I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that they would offer some suggestions, even if was just for preferred length.
  • Nena, Lou or BR may be able to give you some idea of length.

• I've just picked my copy up from the porch floor, I'll have a read of it later.
  • Pages 42-43 for those lucky enough to already have their copy.

It was a bit of a surprise for me as well, I was congratulated on FB when it was spotted...I didn't have a clue it had been accepted!
  • We don't really have fixed guidelines beyond a usual length of 1,500-1,800 words, depending on the topic.
    PM - I don't have any pitches from you in my email. Please could you send again?

Sorry about that BR, think its emails at our end playing silly buggers. Again
  • Congratulations br, look forward to reading your article. And well done to the letters page person (have they spotted themselves yet)? Oh, and welcome fudged. You are named after my favourite confectionery.
  • Hope there'll still be a copy available to buy when I come to England next week... also very excited at the prospect of being able to arrange a few mag subscriptions again once I'm ensconced in West Cork - it just wasn't viable to keep up subscriptions when I was flitting between Fiji and France. :bz
  • Well done, br, I'll pick it up this evening.
  • You should be okay to get a copy, Claudia.

It's not in the shops until this Thursday.
  • Hi Claudia, You can have my copy as I have nearly read it all, if you can call in for it! :)
  • Am i the only one who hasnt got it through the post yet:-(
  • He he - thanks, Nefertari, but careful what you offer... I might take you up on it as I'll be in Surrey, so not so far from you! :)
  • elizabeth it seems to take from 1-3 days before we all get our copies, but for those like Mrs Bear, who are further afield, it takes a little longer. :)
  • I shall be reading mine this evening.

I don't understand how a contributor doesn't know their pitch has been accepted - surely Webbo has to make them an 'offer they can't refuse' - or does he just send a blank cheque?
    8-}
  • That's fine, Claudia you are most welcome. I am in Denham now, just moved not that far really from Surrey just off the M25. I can cook you a meal if you don't mind microwave meals :) still trying to find a cheap electric cooker.
  • Congratulations BR. Enjoyed your article.
  • Well done, BR!
  • I read your article BR, it's great well done!
  • Spotted several TBers - yet to read it properly.

@ GrossickySteven - welcome, why not start a new thread and introduce yourself. We're mostly friendly...
  • I think that's br, Baggy...

*hopes the Forensics Course has improved investigative skills*
  • Oh. Sorry. Multiple identity - have you covered that, TN?