Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Snail's Pace

edited March 2014 in Writing

Comments

• Thanks for the plug, Lizy. Just sorting out a pain-free training schedule
  • edited March 2014
    Pain free? Alan, do you not know the saying about exercise? No pain - good!
  • Go, SM! Hope you are going to blog about your schedule, pain meds, creaky joints, scuff marks and ultimate achievement!
  • Didn't you change your blog title, SM? What is it now? I wouldn't want to miss a moment of your blather.
  • I'll post the blog link on here and FB tomorrow, and link it to the Just Giving page.
  • Might make a good article, and another way of getting support...
  • I'll post the blog link on here and FB tomorrow, and link it to the Just Giving page.
    Please do. :)
  • £220 already? Congratulations!
  • edited March 2014
    Everybody is being incredibly generous. I only set a target of £200, and I exceeded that within hours! I've increased my target to £500, now.
    Thanks to everyone for the support..

The only problem is, I now have to put my legs where my mouth is... :((
  • Well, I don't care if you try and fail to do the whole course - the point is trying, and the money is going to a good cause regardless!
  • Every kilometre you do will have raised money and awareness for the cause, so don't kill yourself trying to do it all if your body says otherwise. We're proud of you for just sitting on that mean saddle, never mind pedalling the darn thing. Mr Bear salutes you too.
  • It isn't failure if you recognise you've gone as far as sensibility demands.
  • Also we must remember where your prostate is in relation to that saddle!
  • I'm going to jump on the crossbar when I see you from my bedroom window. I like to cadge a lift where I can.
  • If you've increased the target, are you increasing the distance...?

:-*
  • If you've increased the target, are you increasing the distance...?

:-*
    How much money can you spare?

;)
  • *collapses*

I've never known you be so busy!

:bz