Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I know this is a silly question but . .

edited March 2014 in Writing
I have downloaded a Kindle app so I can read books on my laptop, and now I want to get Sally's book on Kindle publisihing but . .
a) I can't see a 'buy now' button on the amazon page and
b) when I went to 'my basket' there was the One Word Anthology which I bought months ago.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Are you sure you clicked?
  • Clicked on what?
  • Lizy, the box should be on the right hand side, to one side of the book description.

I use the, Buy now with 1-click box, but the buy now should be there too.
  • I looked again just now and couldn't see the "Buy now" box.
    What I did notice this time, though, was a side notice that said I couldn't buy Amazon.co.uk titles here and must go through Amazon.es. as I live in a Spanish country.
    So that's me blocked from buying Sally's book.

~X(
  • Is it available on Amazon.es Lizy?

If it isn't, might be worth letting sallyj know.
  • Lizy, I bought it through Amazon France - it should be available in Spain.
  • Well . . . I got Kindle Free for PC, and I've got Sally's book thanks.
    I also seem to have got two copies of Dan Purdew's book and a copy each of Pride and Prejudice, Aesop's Fables and Treasure Island.
    do they give those last 3 away when you sign up?
    "puzzles"
  • I had those free - and others, I think. Can't remember.
  • Now I have another question.
    When I clicked on "Buy now" I had the book immediately and the money went from my account.
    Presumably I enabled that myself, when I set up my Amazon account to get Dan's book, but as that was free I didn't notice until now - I must have clicked twice to get two copies of Dan's book!
    How can I change it so I get a chance to check my purchases before they're irrevocable?
  • Amazon do allow a "cooling-down" period in case you buy a kindle book by accident. My wife has used it, but I don't know how. Full refund and it's removed from the device.
  • Slightly different, but worth remembering:

I've had refunds - if the book's been poorly produced - typos, formatting etc. I haven't had to go into detail and it's been a few days after I've made the purchase.
  • Presumably I enabled that myself, when I set up my Amazon account to get Dan's book, but as that was free I didn't notice until now - I must have clicked twice to get two copies of Dan's book!
    Gosh, I hope you like it, Lizy! I didn't think you could download the same thing twice (I would have thought a new download would overwrite the first one). Did you get the ebook through Smashwords rather than Amazon? I think it's just the paperback version that's available on Amazon.

You should be able to log into your Amazon account and go to "Manage my Kindle" - then you can see a list of what's on there and delete any files you no longer want.
  • Ah - yes, Dan - it was through Smashwords, because I had to join before I could have it. Yet another username and password on my growing list!I'm sure I shall enjoy your book - unless it goes rapidly downhill after the sample story! :)
    I only think I have two copies because two show up on my Kindle Library. As you may have gathered I'm a novice at this - thanks for the advice.
    Baby steps.