Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Reminder - Meet Up Fri 6th June

edited May 2014 in Writing
11am, Fri 6th June, Starbucks, Uxbridge.

casey will be carrying a copy of Writing Magazine. I'll look like my photo...

See you there, TBers.

Comments

• Have fun.
  • Bother! I won't be in UK till 14th!
  • edited May 2014
    Have fun - I'll wave from Wimborne. If I stand on the top of the Minster tower, either you'll see me, or I'll fall off.
  • I'll wear dark glasses and a furtive expression
  • We Bears are good at furtive, Bill.
  • Green, 8 foot tail, wings, carrying small fire extinguisher (anyone know how I do a dragon smiley??)
  • Will we be meeting upstairs or down? Up I guess as there is more room.
  • Is Starbucks in the intu shopping centre? Does it have its own car park?
  • I hope you enjoy it as much as the Honiton meet up.
  • Pete is going to see how his work goes tomorrow and if it goes well ask if he can have Friday off - he'll have to work another day instead but is willing. in which case we (him, me, Lola) will be there. We might stay over at a B&B and visit my aunt or cousin in Dorchester. Or the one in Bridport.
  • Hang on a second, I think I'm going bonkers. You all probably know what's happening on Friday... still, I think her teeth will be fine. I will take her on Thursday and have them looked at. She is a lot better after having the antibiotic
  • *sighs*

Have a great time!

Liz...see you in Wimborne and NOT Uxbridge.
  • Ooh, I've always wanted to meet Liz!
  • Uxbridge? Uxbridge? Where's that to then?
  • Just outside Wimbourne...but I'll be in Wimborne with the others.
  • ... in which case we (him, me, Lola) will be there.
    Hang on a second, I think I'm going bonkers.
    Uxbridge? Uxbridge? Where's that to then?
    You couldn't make it up.

8-}
  • Liz, get thee to the other thread!

Lou, Starbucks is in The Chimes Shopping Centre. There are two shopping centres in Uxbridge - an older one (not sure what it's called - maybe intu?) and a newer one (The Chimes). There are various car parks around, but I always park in The Chimes' own Multi-Storey (the entrance of which is on the other side of the road to a big Sainsbury's - not quite opposite it, but not far). This takes you directly into the shopping mall, coming out either by the cinema or by Debenhams.

There are two storeys inside. I have a feeling that the upper one is the one that takes you to street level and to Starbucks, but I haven't been for ages so I'm not entirely sure.

You need to walk right the way through with Debenhams behind you until you're nearly out the other side where there are glass doors which open onto the high street. Starbucks is on the right just before these doors.

If you are approaching the shopping centre from the high street side, then it is just right of the train station entrance and I think there's a flower stall just in front of it. From this side, Starbucks will be almost immediately on your left once you have gone through the glass doors.
  • The other shopping centre is The Pavilions.
  • Thank you tn, must print that all out.

So looks like Liz was at the wrong party? My dream has been shattered!
  • The shopping centre with Starbucks in used to be The Chimes is now InTu Uxbridge.
    Looking forward to seeing you all there.
  • Is anyone planning on doing a Phil Collins/Live Aid trip? That would mean attending this meet and then zooming to Wimborne for the afternoon. It could be done...
  • If you are coming out of the station InTu shopping mall is on your left (right if you are standing in front of the station looking at it) I hope this is clear. Anyway I'm sure we'll all find it.
  • Oh! They've re-named The Chimes.

Well, I never...

So, Lou, take note. It is called the InTu shopping centre after all. #-o
  • Confused? You will be!
  • Confusion is my middle name.
  • I still call it The chimes :)

• casey will be carrying a copy of Writing Magazine. I'll look like my photo...

I'll wear dark glasses and a furtive expression
    Green, 8 foot tail, wings, carrying small fire extinguisher (anyone know how I do a dragon smiley??)
    If I make it I'll be in a wetsuit...

• I hope that includes flippers and a snorkel, Claudia.

*wonders how Claudia will manage on the stairs*
  • Does anyone who is coming Friday want a free copy of this months
    Writers' Forum? I was sent two copies. If so first to ask will get.
  • I wouldn't say no, Nefertari, but if anyone else wants it more, I'm happy to forego it. Thank you.
  • looking forward to it....kind of....like...waiting for an ambush ;)) Feeling a bit outnumbered...

When wearing one's fins (not flippers, don't you know?) one walks backwards.
  • OK TN will bring it along.

When wearing one's fins (not flippers, don't you know?) one walks backwards.
    Also wearing rear view mirrors?
    This thread is great fun

:-))
  • People will recognise Nefertari because she will be the lady with two copies of WF. TN will be the small person on stilts.
  • No,only one copy!
    I have met Lou and TN already otherwise I look like my photo on here, I hope!
  • I will be there about 12. Hope there will still be someone there! Would anyone care to have lunch?

I must say I am getting very excited now!
  • I was at the wrong party and indeed can't even make that now! Why is my brain so bad at stuff like this? but I wish you all a lovely meet-up and I want to see photos, particularly of how small Nell is exactly. Could someone put her next to a pound coin or something so we have a scale?

Sorry to miss you ALL even though I was never truly coming.
  • I think your presence will still be felt...
  • Have a great time together- I'm sure you will. :)

I'll be thinking of you. Say hello to Mr and Mrs Bear for me...
  • But they're at the other meeting! Aren't they...?
  • edited June 2014
    I think they're in Uxbridge for an hour and then driving to Wimborne in the afternoon.

*checks notes*

No, I just made that up. Liz will be in Worcester looking for snails on bikes.

• Not long now...

I've just been adding some rubber ends to my stilts.
  • I've sussed out my train & tube times, so should materialise roundabout 11, barring any problems on the Metropolitan line =:)
  • Have a lovely time. I hope we will get a full report on TB.
  • We got our car back (still unrepaired) so we were able to limp back to Finchley this evening. I was going to drive, but I don't want to risk breaking down, so I'll come on the tube instead. Have no idea how long it will take - I'll get there when I get there - it's hard to judge when one is walking backwards in fins.
  • Well have a good time anyway, even though you are minus the Bears. :D