Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

WELCOME BACK

15678911»

Comments

• Warners smileys have a dreadful reputation
  • Just like some TBers...
  • Name Names! >:/
  • I am no tabloid, I'll have you know.

We'd better get off Webbo's thread before there's trouble at inn.
  • :)] Webbo, I'm not sure if this is a phone problem, or a TB site problem, so sorry if I'm burdening you unnecessarily.

When I got my new fancy phone (much later than the rest of the world), I installed TB on the 'front page' and managed to keep myself signed in at all times - NB, I will not be using correct technological jargon here. When I touched the icon, in seconds I arrived straight here. I've obviously fiddled inadvertently and although I can still see the page, I cannot take part as I'm no longer signed in.

'That's no problem,' I thought. I can just sign in again.

However, it's very confusing - and I've failed. At the top of the page on the dark red band is the option to 'Log in'. I tried until 1 am last night. I typed in my user name, I typed in my password, but every time a list of options came up which seemed to have nothing to do with letting me in.

Lower down on a blue bar is the option to 'Sign in'. However, this is mostly covered by a blank white speech bubble so that I can only see 'Sig-' This is extremely difficult to access and, again, didn't get me here.

A notice about cookies filled the bottom quarter of the screen with the instruction to touch the blue part of the message if you didn't want to see it. I tried that as it was blocking up the space where I was trying to see Login details, but it wouldn't disappear.

So, here I am on the Big Computer asking your advice... Thank you. 8->
  • Hubby's now sorted it for me, so pop your slippers back on and enjoy your cocoa and Hobnobs in peace.
  • Until the next time...
  • I am the Dark Destroyer of All Things Technical and Chocolate.
  • Not that it matters at the moment...but earlier, when I'd forgotten my new password, and I clicked on the email from Webbo's support team, it momentarily took me to a 'new password' screen, but then flashed on to the non-logged in page. I tried several times. But if I hadn't suddenly remembered my new password I doubt I'd ever have found my way home...

:O
  • gods! Panic stations! I have a list pinned to my wall of my passwords for everything - it's the only way I can function.
    So glad you rmembered it.
  • Sorry to be a bother, Webbo, but I still have to scroll down every time I look at a thread. In the olden days, they used to open up at exactly the point I had left them.

*buys self-help book on RSI*
  • Same here Webbo. It really is frustrating and time wasting. Please can you help?
  • Webbo said some months ago that it's not something he can sort out himself, but it's on his list of niggles.
  • I think the 'change password' issue is particularly important - especially if anyone's returning to TB after a break.
  • Sorry to be a bother, Webbo, but I still have to scroll down every time I look at a thread. In the olden days, they used to open up at exactly the point I had left them.

*buys self-help book on RSI*
    Same here - I was almost resigned to it until I saw other people are suffering too.
    Perhaps Webbo can upgrade this from 'niggle' to 'problem' ?

• Alt + arrow down...?

• It's all very well to be able to jump to the end of a thread - but I don't want to jump to the end - I want to continue from the last post I have read. It can be irritating to the point of often not bothering.
  • Can't do that on my tablet, but like Claudia I want to continue from the last post I read.
  • A small oddity cropped up today, Webbo.
    I went into the OWC thread and spotted a typo in my last entry so I edited it. After I had done so the three (?) 'thank you's had vanished.
  • Hi Webbo - could you tell me how I can access my list of bookmarked discussions? The most recent ones are showing, but I can't figure out how to find the rest.
    Many thanks
  • My thank yous are back! Was that you? Thank you!
  • I can't find the search option anymore?
  • It's above start a new discussion on my screen.
  • It's there on my screen too.
  • Think I need to get my techy hat on for a few days to get some of these sorted... scroll to most recent is definitely not simple though.
  • Not that it matters at the moment...but earlier, when I'd forgotten my new password, and I clicked on the email from Webbo's support team, it momentarily took me to a 'new password' screen, but then flashed on to the non-logged in page. I tried several times. But if I hadn't suddenly remembered my new password I doubt I'd ever have found my way home...

Did you see this one, Webbo? Could be causing a few issues.
  • Yes, thanks - have to dig in to find out what that problem even is!
  • Just click on 'forgotten password', wait for the email and then click on the link received and wait...
  • Yes, thanks - have to dig in to find out what that problem even is!
    Webbo, this was the problem I had - same as PBW is having now.
  • Webbo, tried to flag this so an email alert was sent, but that option doesn't seem to work.
  • I have also tried flagging the posts on my 'finding two scroll bars somewhat trying' thread, but haven't received a reply.