Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in August 2014's Writing Magazines?

edited June 2014 in - WM and WN
Yes, it's that time again...

Who'’s in August 2014's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 3rd July so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.
Tagged:

Comments

• I couldn't find my July copy to check the date, so I'm guessing it's this coming week. If it's not due until the week after, can someone let me know so I can edit within 24 hours- thanks. :)
  • It says July 3rd in WM.
  • Thanks, Nefertari, I've edited it.
  • Anyone received their copy yet?
  • We got ours yesterday afternoon. Hope it's not too far away for all of you.
  • edited July 2014
    I have to go out, so it will no doubt arrive while I'm absent. :(

Different postie, and my copy has arrived, so I can read it in the hairdressers. :)
  • Mine arrived this morning, but I'm in the middle of David Jason's autobiography at the moment so won't be reading it till next week at the earliest.
  • Ah! I'm devouring Gerard Benson's autobiography - memoirs of a jobbing poet' which I bought at his memorial on Tuesday. He lived an incredible life - including being one of those people that solved codes in the last war. Haven't got there yet though, he's only 11 at the minute!
  • Mine's arrived. Will read it this evening.
  • I noticed one name mentioned that I recognise as having been a TBer.

But I didn't get beyond members news section as I was in the hairdresser's and had to go and get my colour rinsed... :)
  • Mine arrived this morning.
  • :(

Nothing received.
  • edited July 2014
    I'm on page WN17 under GET FILLED IN. You can't miss the sun hat and big cheesy grin! The ebook continues to sell well and the paperback should be out very soon.
  • Got mine today. Will take it on holiday.
  • Well done Montholon I saw you there.
  • Well done montholon. :)
  • Congratulations, montholon.
  • Mine's arrived!
  • Well done month, yes I spotted you too! I enjoyed the book, by the way! I have got my eye on something to photograph and send off but it's a road sign and I haven't managed to snap it as I whizz past yet!
  • Do persevere, Lou, and let me know how you get on.
  • Well done month, yes I spotted you too! I enjoyed the book, by the way! I have got my eye on something to photograph and send off but it's a road sign and I haven't managed to snap it as I whizz past yet!
    I have returned to places, just for the snap!

• It has arrived just now. The author picture includes a raincoat and winter scarf, so appropriate that it should be raining here.
  • Mine's still in its envelope. Might save it for when I go away.
  • Well done, Montholon.
  • Well done from me too, Montholon
  • Went into a WH Smiths to buy a copy - no Writing Magazine, only Writer's Forum... :(
  • Did you ask any of the assistants? (Few though they are.)

Our branch has had a shift round, and all the magazine locations have moved...
  • Claudia, please could you tell me which branch it was? By PM if you'd prefer
  • It was in Market Harborough in Leicestershire, Webbo.

I did ask an assistant, Carol, and she directed me to Writers Forum (which I didn't buy!).
  • Well done that Claudia! Thank you

Spotted a couple of TBers - but not that many this month.
  • So many uses! Are you away now Baggy?
  • Call me OCD - oh, you do - but I would have had to place the glass on the yellow circle...
  • Tut tut, Webbo - spotted a page numbering issue in the mag.

'Make editors say yes' and 'What's in a name?' have swapped page nos.
  • I've spotted some typos too - but after another pint I won't care.

(:|
  • Get a round in, Baggy.
  • 'Make editors say yes' and 'What's in a name?' have swapped page nos.
    On the contents page - curses. Last minute page shuffles are rubbish. Other errors are all part of our new "practice your proofing" policy. Honest.
  • I thought as much. Good idea... ;)
  • Finally found a copy in a WH Smiths in Surrey - so now I'm going to settle down for a read in the sunshine in our friend's garden in Wales this afternoon! Lovely.