Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Webbo, there's a wobbly!

edited July 2014 in - Website Problems
Twice this morning I've had the 'bog off, you're not permitted to do that' box. I managed to get it to show Code 401 (no idea how). I have to log out and in again, which last time worked, but this time I've had to do it twice. Maybe it doesn't like my sense of humour? Fair enough - I don't like nagging little prefect-type boxes! Help!

Comments

• Flagged it.

Not had the problem myself (yet) I use Safari.
  • It sounds like you have a cookie problem, Mrs B! What browser and version are you on?
  • Not you MrsB it is showing this message up on the site:We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, and some parts of the site are inaccessible.
    We have temporarily removed the affected areas which include the store, user registration/accounts and competitions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
  • I've got a whole page at the top now, of script instead of the usual tabs and coloured bits. Having the same message about difficulties as HA:
    Copied:
    We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, and some parts of the site are inaccessible.
    We have temporarily removed the affected areas which include the store, user registration/accounts and competitions. We apologise for any inconvenience.

This is odd. I stopped that post after that quote, logged out, shut down Firefox, went into IE, and started again: the message and the text are no longer there - got the proper pictures - and my post was still in the box, unsent.
  • Mrs Bear, I think you've broken TB.
  • Only on my computer, TN. I think Firefox has got a problem, as Yahoo is playing up too - and everything I use keeps telling me to log back in again after about a minute. I've had to come here through another door.
  • May be a problem that you have no control over Mrs Bear, and it's a problem your broadband provider is experiencing.
  • edited July 2014
    It sounds like you have a cookie problem, Mrs B!
    You know who else has a cookie problem?

http://stevenchapmanwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cookie-monster-your-edm.jpg

edit: bugger, my pic ain't working :(
  • I prefer the blonde look.
  • I did not like the blond Steven. I like the normal one. If the normal one can be termed 'normal'.
  • The cookie monster doesn't have a problem - he has cookies. (Note how he's a he, automatically.)
    I think the problem is with Firefox. Must google it.
  • No - I had that pop-up box yesterday on Chrome. OSX 10.9.4
  • Ah. Well, I'm trying Firefox again now, and the screen is normal. I wonder if it will let me post?
  • Yup - no nasty bog off box yet.
  • Spoke too soon - tried to post elsewhere and there it was.
  • And I've had that old problem of links not displaying as links when I hover the mouse over them. Only solution is to close the tab and reload TB.
  • I did not like the blond Steven. I like the normal one. If the normal one can be termed 'normal'.
    Who you calling normal?!
  • CERTAINLY not you.
  • I should hope not!

• That's a mighty fine sporran you have there.
  • Oh, hilarious!

I thought it was Cupid to begin with. O:-)
  • You mean its't?