Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

help with grammar

edited August 2014 in - Writing Problems
Hi guys, I am trying to make a project, where I'll write couple of thinks and make some video with it. Is here any UK native mate, so kind to help me with doublecheck a grammar?

Don't worry about it, it's a very very short. 5-10 sentences and for your help I'll put your name into the final video (only if you want, off course). :)

I wrote couple of blogs. I'm not confident to write a longer story.

Have a nice day.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi tadesto.

Would you like to copy those 5 - 10 sentences here? I don't mind having a look and I'm sure there would be others who would be happy to help, too.
  • As TN suggests, put up your sentences here and you'll get some suggestions.

What's the video about?
  • If you want to keep it private repost on a private thread not shown on Google, for instance the general chat thread. We'll all see it, the world won't.
  • Yes - stick them on here and we'll all have a go.
  • edited August 2014
    @Phots Moll - video and these thinks will be about loneliness.

@Liz - How can I set this thread as a private?
  • I don't think you can change this thread, but you can start a new thread and when you choose the category (on the right hand side of the page) choose one that has (PRIVATE) after it.
  • Hi guys again!

Here is final video project.

Criticism is welcome.

CT
  • Great images, thoughtful phrases, and lovely music. Well done.

Criticism? The translation (into Polish?) sometimes obscured your text.
  • Fab. Can you have a silent thought though? That is not possible. From silence spring thoughts. When all is silent, you have no thoughts, and that is at the deepest core of your being - I know because it's where you go during Transcendental Meditation.
  • I didn't see any translation of Polish...
  • @Lizy - try turn off subtitles ... :)

@Liz - I don't know, maybe someone can and another cannot, everything depends at the point of view. There is Slovak translated subtitles.
  • Interesting. I don't agree that we need loneliness to know ourselves, but perhaps it's true for some people.

Lovely images.

• @Liz - I don't know, maybe someone can and another cannot, everything depends at the point of view. There is Slovak translated subtitles.
    When you meditate Transcendentally, you sink lower and lower into your consciousness down to the point at which thoughts are formed. If you transcend, that is sink low enough to enter the place from which thought comes, everything is completely still, it is silent, you are filled with joy, but you do not have thoughts. But you can't remain there long, thoughts are natural and you feel them begin and accept them - but as soon as they begin you 'hear' them - your inner thoughts have voice. They cannot be silent, if they are silent then they are not expressed...

In this state, during the silence, you can see lights. Is seeing thought?
  • I think the kind of silence you are referring to, Liz, is different from what most people mean by silence i.e. a lack of actual noise. Thoughts don't make a noise and therefore, IMO, are silent.
  • @Lizy - try turn off subtitles ... :)

@Liz - I don't know, maybe someone can and another cannot, everything depends at the point of view. There is Slovak translated subtitles.
    I should have guessed - my daughter-in-law is Slovak!

• I think the kind of silence you are referring to, Liz, is different from what most people mean by silence i.e. a lack of actual noise. Thoughts don't make a noise and therefore, IMO, are silent.
    Everyone knows you cannot hear someone else's thoughts. Therefore the implication is that these are one's own thoughts, and these thoughts are silent. Which they are not. Everyone has an inner monologue. When you do TM, you realise that and it is only when those thoughts become silent you realise how much noise they actually make.

• We'll just have to agree to differ, then.

• I thought the video was well produced and thoughtful. The music and pictures were very good.

As PM said, I don't necessarily agree with the opinions expressed, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the project. Well done.
  • edited August 2014
    I think the kind of silence you are referring to, Liz, is different from what most people mean by silence i.e. a lack of actual noise. Thoughts don't make a noise and therefore, IMO, are silent.
    Everyone knows you cannot hear someone else's thoughts. Therefore the implication is that these are one's own thoughts, and these thoughts are silent. Which they are not. Everyone has an inner monologue. When you do TM, you realise that and it is only when those thoughts become silent you realise how much noise they actually make.

I keep getting telephone calls from claims people wanting to know if I've become deaf from working in a noisy environment. Do you think if I told them I'm a bit mutt-and-jeff from excessively noisy thinking that they'd take the case on?

• I think you could try... but i'm pretty certain everyone modulates their thoughts to the volume they can cope with.

I wouldn't like to be inside the head of say, Brian Blessed.
  • I wish I could turn the volume down on my thoughts sometimes.