Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in December 2014's Writing Magazines?

edited November 2014 in - WM and WN
Another month has passed...

Yes, it's that time again...

Who's in December 2014's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 6th November so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• That's - that's nearly Christmas! Nooooo!
  • Has anyone had their issue yet? It's meant to be in the shops tomorrow...

Webbo, what's happened to subscriber copies?
  • Not a twinkle...
  • December? I'm still in summer.
  • No sign yet.
  • Our office copies came on Tuesday, perhaps a day or so late, and usually that's after you lot! Don't know of any problems, but we're looking into it now
  • Confirmed with our distribution wing, who have despatched the copies as normal - so they should be winging their way to you now.
    Anyone had today's post yet?
  • *presses nose against window and tries to spot postman through steam*

No, not yet.
  • edited November 2014
    Mine's just arrived, along with our Bryan Ferry tickets - not a bad day's post. Except I've got two CDs on order, and neither of them arrived. :(
  • Mine has arrived today, thanks Webbo.

There's obviously been a hold-up somewhere after they left distribution, as between us they arrive Tuesday/Wednesday generally.

• I noticed one Talkbacker in this issue.
  • Nothing here at Tail-End Charlie's house.
  • My postman just rang the bell as I had to sign for something. In my pile was WM. Just quickly flicked through, taking in nothing whatsoever.

I shall sit down with a highlighter later. O:-)
  • Still no sign. Mine is not usually late.
  • I have mine! Yay!
  • I have mine, I will have a flick later.
  • Mine did arrive yesterday after all. My post was late!!
  • Lots of people I know - some TBers, some not.
  • Wendy Clarke gives 'Kindle Direct Publishing for Absolute Beginners' a mention in her article on compiling a short story collection.
    Really chuffed that people are finding it useful!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Direct-Publishing-Absolute-Beginners-ebook/dp/B00IJFG1W4/
  • Saw that, well done Sallyj. It's a really useful book.
  • That's good Sally!
  • I bought that book Sally!
    Got my mag today. Will lurk by a log fire later and have a browse.
  • A limerick competition! That's right up my street. :)
  • Someone told me on Facebook that I was runner up in the haiku competition! :)
  • Woohoo, Seaview!
  • Well done Seaview. They showed that sequence of hermit crabs lining up to change shells on Life Story, the latest offering from David Attenborough on BBC1 last Thursday. Fascinating and a great analogy for promotion.
  • Well done Seaview. :)
  • edited November 2014
    Well done, Seaview!

OLG, I also, am wild with excitement about the limerick competition. At last a showcase for my long frustrated poetic talent. As a limerick is only five lines, I reckon we should get twenty or thirty goes per entry, I'm toying with the idea of something epic, a modern Hiawatha, or Beowulf maybe. Perhaps this is Mustapha's big chance. Probably no role for the Young Man from Buckingham, though...
  • I've already written a limerick for the competition - archery based. I'm just holding on to see if anything better inspires me before the deadline. I would like to be allowed multiple submissions as well!
  • Onlinegenie & snailmale - you might like www.limerickcentral.co.uk. they run a weekly competition with £10 cash or amazon voucher for a lucky winner. You can enter AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE!
  • My children's story is in the magazine, which is very thrilling. I'm not sure I could nail a limerick though!
  • Congratulations, lindsayl.
  • thank you carol. x
  • Well done everyone, and hello Lindsayl. Introduce yourself on the introductions page!
  • Well done seaview and lindsayl!
  • edited November 2014
    Well done lindsayl.
  • Congratulations, lindsayl!

It would be lovely to have you join our TB group. As Liz says, why not introduce yourself to everyone on a new thread. :)
  • My January WM has just arrived!
  • Nooooooooooo!

(which comp results are in it?)
  • And there was I thinking I was going to be the first to announce the early arrival of January's magazine! :)
  • I can't bear it... mine, too... what's wrong with sending it out in December, even if it is all ready? i hate this telescoping of time.
  • Mine's arrived - I'll have a gander when I've finished working.
  • I'll set up the new thread now. Thanks. :)
  • New thread posted, now open for use. :D