Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in January 2015's Writing Magazines?

edited November 2014 in - WM and WN
Another issue is here- early because of Christmas...

Who's in January 2015's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 4th December so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Me apparently, although since I'm a slack non-subscriber I haven't seen it :P Have fun being bored by me for the next seven issues guys, mwuahaha! Next...the world!

It's the seven deadly things whatyamacallit. Dunno what page :S
  • Just arrived home from a lovely woodland walk with my dog to find January's issue waiting for me in the porch!!! Golng to look through it now while having a coffee.
  • Me, page 41, A Minefield of Editors :-)
  • I recognised a name in the letters.

Congratulations, BR, and DeneBebbo.
  • I shall read mine later - already had an email about my letter.
  • saw that BB well done and also well done DeneBebbo.
  • I've also been cropped out of the group photo in Writers' Round-up about the SWWJ.

• Why is that BB?
  • Dunno - too many writers, too little space.

Before I read the piece I thought I recognised the folk in the photo. Then I realised why...
  • Maybe Brian was taking up more room in the pic than was politely acceptable?
  • Wow this is a bumper issue for TBers - like a Xmas present come early. Well done to Boredrobots, Denebebbo and Baggy.
    I'm in there too - article on writing the e-book series.
  • Yes, saw your name mentioned too, congratulations.
  • *wheeze* My article is mentioned on the front cover and my pretty, pretty face is also on the inside cover *heavy breathing*
  • Talkbackers took over the majority of the inside cover images. :)
  • Gosh. I haven't opened mine yet - will I be able to stand the excitement?
  • I do love boredrobots' profile - sets the right tone...
  • Wow this is a bumper issue for TBers.
    Clearly I'm going to have to make an effort to find this issue. I did look in a newsagents a couple of days ago, but no joy. Honestly, I don't really get it... they had over TWENTY fishing magazines - I kid you not - yet can't manage to stock ONE magazine for writers. I don't get it.
  • You were possibly too early to find it in a shop.
  • No word on my copy yet hope the nice post man drops it in soon.
  • Should be in the shops later this week, Claudia.
  • I suppose that's possible - but you'd think there might be the odd WM or Writers' Forum December issues knocking around.
  • My branch of WH Smith only had 2 copies of WF on Friday.
  • There's a Sainsbury near to me doesn't even stock any of the writing mags. Coop never seems to have them in. I always go to Tesco.

Keep meaning to re subscribe but forget.
  • I've also been cropped out of the group photo in Writers' Round-up about the SWWJ.
    Not by us BB - we used the full width we were given. We'd have zoomed right in if we spotted you there!
  • Well done, all you lovely TBers. Flicking through the mag was akin to putting on a pair of comfy slippers. I felt right at home!

• Not by us BB - we used the full width we were given. We'd have zoomed right in if we spotted you there!
    *makes mental note to hide in all group photos that might make it into the pages of WM*
  • I'm saving mine till Christmas when I can sit down and enjoy it without feeling guilty.
  • Mine has arrived:-)
  • Well done to all TBers in this issue.
  • I recognised a name in the letters.

Congratulations, BR, and DeneBebbo.
    Thanks. I did wonder if submitting an article titled "A Minefield of Editors" may be a bit cheeky, but it obviously was worth trying :-)
  • edited December 2014
    - we used the full width we were given.
    *does a double take*

*eyes begin to water*

I really must subscribe as it's not even in Tesco now. Just an empty slot behind several copies of Writing Forum.

• I am in there too. Page 12-13, about pitching your book to an agent or publisher. Shame my little biography on the contents page is a bit out of date, as it was the same one they used a couple of years back, and I have now sold well over 100 stories (not the 70 it says) - but never mind!!
  • I am in there too. Page 12-13, about pitching your book to an agent or publisher. Shame my little biography on the contents page is a bit out of date, as it was the same one they used a couple of years back, and I have now sold well over 100 stories (not the 70 it says) - but never mind!!
    Wow, over 30 stories in the last couple of years is prolific!
  • Sorry Viv - should have asked for an updated one.
    Dora - although the prospect of empty shelves at Tesco due to selling out thrills me, the January issue isn't actually at newsstands until this Thursday, so perhaps try then. It's last month's which must have gone by now. But yes, a subscription is best!
  • Waiting, waiting - still no cheery arrival in the post box. French post vans are yellow: today's was mostly mud. It stopped, but it was just the usual kilo of advertising.
  • edited December 2014
    Got it today. It sat in a puddle in the post box (am now despatching Mr Bear with a drill to make drainage hole bigger), so is drying out, but I've spotted some locals made good - excellent.
  • Webbo, you are forgiven!

• the January issue isn't actually at newsstands until this Thursday, so perhaps try then.
    Made a special trip to nearest WH Smiths - no magazine. :(
    Will check again before I leave.
  • I bought my copy today from WHSmith :)
  • I checked again after I'd finished my shopping expedition - and there they were.
    =D>
  • Well done to Boredrobots, Denebebbo, Baggy Books and sallyj.
  • Yes well done to the above - enjoyed your articles!
  • Congrats all. What a talented bunch.
  • I bought the mag. Meant to subscribe again but forgot.

Well done to all in this month's mag.
  • Well done everyone for being in it.

Me - I'm a lapsed Catho - um - subscriber. It got so I hadn't read last month's issue before this month's arrived and I thought, what with overseas rates and all that, I'd give it a rest.
  • It is cheaper to subscribe online. I do this and each month's issue is downloaded
    to my iPad. But you still have to find time to read it. I am behind with reading the mag.