Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Just been in the garden with a book and a coffee. Really hot!
  • Hot here. Scorching!

Am in my office with a book and coffee. Not quite the same as TN.
    A book and a coffee? What about the cooking and cleaning and all the other girly stuff you should be getting on with?

:O
  • Hothothothot.
    A book and a coffee? What about the cooking and cleaning and all the other girly stuff you should be getting on with?

:O
    The rubber gloves and apron are ready whenever you want to visit...

Still beautifully sunny. I've put my shorts on.

B-)
  • Thinking of garden but doing housework.
  • The sky was weird this morning, with a silver sun forcing its light through a calima. It's still not cleared, and my sinuses are suffering.
    It also holds in the humidity which isn't helpful when one is moppinf the floor and doing the ironing.
  • Still hot. Phwoar!
  • Yes, a suntan lotion day here, also.
    But rain on the way tomorrow :-w
  • Yes hot and sunny here too!
  • edited August 2015
    'ottest

23/24 degrees
  • Scorchio!!
  • Had to have a magnum to cool down!
  • You seem to have an endless supply, Wilts!
  • TN, I see your 23/24 and raise you to 25!

I want a Magnum now and I haven't got one!
  • TN, I see your 23/24 and raise you to 25!

I want a Magnum now and I haven't got one!
    'checks BBC weather*

I see your 25 and match it (well, I would if I was in London rather than near it).

• Not quite endless TN. I bought a few packs when they were on offer. Only have one on a rare warm sunny afternoon!

Sending one over Heather.
  • yumyumyum ta
  • 'Twas 25 here today too. We were out in Bristol in the heat filming children reading a poem. We got lots of boys, which is fab. Usually they don't want to.
  • 35 here and the calima has thickened so we can't see the mountain or the coast which is only 5 kilometres away. As the parrot flies.

Forecast is for thunderstorms and torrential rain. We have a short shower at 8pm, enough to bring the welcome smellof wet warm tarmac, but it stopped. We live in hopes of more.
  • Ew. Can't even imagine what it's like getting into a car when it's that hot. Had to test the tarmac to check it for Lola's feet as it was.
  • Now on yellow alert for torrential rain later tonight.
    Gods! I hope so. It is sooo muggy and horrible with clouds building up. 30C still.

It's been so long since we had proper rain that I shall go out and stand in it if it comes. Possibly not naked, but as near naked as I can decently be.
  • Getting dark...
  • It's been beautiful here. I edged the lawn, dug out all the weeds that had sprung up along the edges of the driveway, washed three cars, did the washing and ironing, got a guest room ready... and loads more.
  • Nice and warm today, but latterly muggy. And now feels a tad cool. Not dark yet though...
  • More +~**~+ rain.
  • Very dark. Pouring with rain.

:(

Meeting a client at 10. Hoping to help them put a book together - a collection from young folk throughout Dorset.

:)

• Sounds interesting, BB, even with wellie boots on.

It was lovely here y'day. S'not so bad today either, bit dull but I don't care. It's su-u-u-u-u-u-ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmer!
  • WE HAVE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It started while I was walking and the sensation of fat drops of rain on my skin was lovely. We sat under the awning eating our breakfast and watching the terrace get wet. The pool man stood out there with his shirt soaked, waving his arms in joy.
    We had better get our shopping done early. The last time it really rained we only just got home before all the water running down the mountain flooded the motorway!
  • We have rain too - torrential.
  • Muggy, hot, overcast. Probly rain later.
  • Same here, heather - we're forecast thundery showers for the next three days. Currently nearly 26C up here although it's not sunny.
  • There was a few plops of water landed on the earth in my area recently.

Then that was it! The clouds have gorn and it's blue sky and sun now.
  • Sorry to hear about your area, Dora.
  • Sun's out, but I can see a MASSIVE cloud. Dark. Grey.
  • The sky turned as black as Newgate's knocker and the heavens opened.

It#s stopped for now but the plants are all grinning broadly.
  • It rained in the night. I was awake - wasn't sufficiently sleepy when I went to bed - and lay for a long time trying to decide whether to get up and check the windows to make sure it wasn't coming in. I didn't, of course, but I considered the idea a lot.
    Drove over the col de Lanfains (our high spot) to the market in Quintin in thick fog. Grey everywhere. The family who own the two cottages below ours have gathered en masse for a few days, just in time for the rainy season. Hope it clears for them.
  • The sky turned as black as Newgate's knocker

Never heard that one before, Lizy.
  • No? Showing my age, perhaps!

After a hot dry day yesterday we had lighting out at sea overnight, and another yellow alert for 'tropical weather' from the local weather forecast.

Any other time I'd be delighted, but tomorrow we are driving up the mountain to spend the night watching the Perseids and stars. We won't see much if it's down. The rural hotel looks nice, and the food in Villaflor will be good, but I really, really want to see the Tenerife night sky with all those stars before I leave for good.
  • Sunny and all grand here in Leeds :)
  • Hot, breezy, and we're on a yellow warning for thunder and hail and 80kph winds tonight.
  • Bright and warm - but that's about to change...
  • It's turned out lovely.
  • Gorgeous in the garden. Felt like August. Very unhappy about tomorrow!
  • Oh no! Just seen the forecast.
  • Hot, breezy, and we're on a yellow warning for thunder and hail and 80kph winds tonight.
    Mrs Bear - I hope you will forgive me for hoping it all happens there tonight and not here tomorrow. Bur batten down the hathces and stay safe xx