Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In October 2015's Writing Magazines?

edited August 2015 in - WM and WN
Reminder, this issue has the COMPETITION SPECIAL in...

Yes, it's that time again...

Who's in October 2015's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 4th September so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

(As Monday is also a Bank Holiday there may be an additional delay.)

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Got to get one thanks for this reminder, I always forget to get the competition issue
  • Subscriber copies will hopefully start turning up from today...
  • Our post hasn't arrived yet. Have had a relief postie this week so post has arrived mid-morning rather than after midday.
  • Mine's just arrived!
  • I have mine and I see my name on page 26 of the Comp special, shortlisting Swanwick poetry. :)
  • Well done, Nefertari. :)
  • Yes, well done :)
  • edited September 2015
    Mine has arrived - whoopee (my first subscriber's copy since I lived in Spain years ago!)

Well done, Nef!
  • Mine arrived - not sure what happened to my post today. I had a pile of leaflets - that I thought were post - then an hour later the 'real' post arrived.

• Well done, Nefertari.

Got mine, but not opened it yet.
  • Mine arrived - not sure what happened to my post today. I had a pile of leaflets - that I thought were post - then an hour later the 'real' post arrived.

We get that at least once a week.

• Mine was waiting in the porch when I got home at lunchtime. Not had a chance to open it yet. Will take it to bed with me. Going to have an early night.
  • Well done Nefetari.
  • Well done Nef.
  • Congratulations, Nefertari.

• Mine arrived just before I went out. The magazine was in WH Smith when I went in.
  • I've had mine twice. I renewed my subscription, and they have started it a month early. Or ended the old one a month late. I can read in stereo.
  • I notice another name in the same item on page 26 who, sadly, can't post it himself: the late Brian Lux, or Toothlight, as was. Shortlisted under 'Writing for Children'.
  • Must stop skimming articles. Just spent time fruitlessly trying to find out who Emily is (Write More Letters - page 13), to reread it as Email.
  • JenJen
    edited September 2015
    I didn't know about the delay, the only place I could get it was Sainsbury's. I was flicking through the magazine this week looking for the Windows 10 article and I found out that I'm in the magazine!
    Page 58, the article about Bridgends Writers' Circle. I won their competition and have since joined the group. Nobody told me this would be in the magazine though. Quite surprised and chuffed at that article. I never buy the magazine anymore, bought it for the competition issue and I'm so glad I did now!
    I'm 2nd from the right in the picture, I didn't realise I was meant to dress tidy :(
  • Well done, Jen.
  • Congratulations, Jen.
  • Congratulations, Jen.
  • (Inter)national exposure! Can't be bad. Well done, Jen.
  • Well done, jen!
  • congrats, Jen.
  • Well done, Jen!
  • Thanks it was the beginning of the year that I won but the reminder is great! Encourages me to keep trying and get writing
  • Well done Jen - fame at last!

Did anyone notice 'Harry Potter and the Order of the GOLDEN Phoenix'?!
  • Well done Jen.
  • Well done Jen.

This certainly is a bumper issue. Will take me ages to read it all. Am a little tempted by one of WM's comps for next year.
  • Sally Jenkins has quoted me in her article about writing groups
  • Oooh, Betsie! They'll be clamouring to join. I'll send one of our male TBers as a bouncer. Well done!
  • Well done Nefertari and Jen (& thanks very much Betsie - that article was in WF).
  • Oops! silly me. Muddling the mags - thanks for setting the record straight Sally. ;))
  • There you go, baggy.
  • Wrong month, heather. It's now the November issue.

@-)
  • Well done everyone!
    I've had mine twice. I renewed my subscription, and they have started it a month early. Or ended the old one a month late. I can read in stereo.
    Hope you mentioned this Mrs B, otherwise your subscription will end another month early next year and you'll be two months out. Or something. but definitely not getting your money's worth.

• Another one already? How am I supposed to keep up?????