Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in March 2016's Writing Magazines?

edited January 2016 in - WM and WN
Yes, it's that time again; each month comes around so quickly...

Who's in March 2016's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 4th February so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• It's nearly that time again. Unfortunately, we've had a problem at the printers so the mailout to subscribers has been slightly delayed. Apologies.
    Newsstand readers should be able to get their copies on Thursday as normal.
  • Oh. That's a disappointment.
  • What? What, what, what?

Actually, as you were. I never get round to read it until about 2 weeks after it arrives anyway.
  • Just when I'd finished reading last month's issue at the weekend. /:)
  • Thanks for forewarning us, Webbo.
  • Spotted some names!
  • Mine arrived this morning. Just had a quick glimpse - spotted one so far. :)
  • Just got mine. Going to have a quick look.
  • Recognised a couple of names, and one TBer got two mentions. :)
  • Mine has arrived. Only flipped through - as I'm supposed to be writing. Spotted some names I recognise, including my own on page 9.
  • Someone sent a letter about the Star Trek issue.
  • Saw that - didn't recognise the name.
  • Nor me. But I'm sure a lot of readers spotted the error, especially considering the advice he was offering.
  • Mine's just arrived.
  • Shortlisted. I had high hopes for that one. Where can I send a story about a life-changing event?
  • Shortlisted. I had high hopes for that one. Where can I send a story about a life-changing event?
    Depends on so much, and which market it is suitable for.

• Being shortlisted is a good result, Ana - I'm sure there would have been a lot of entries.
  • Well done, Ana! That's almost a win in my book.

You could try a writing competition without a theme. How about Writers' Forum?

Google Writing Competitions and something else may come up where your story fits the brief.

I wonder where my magazine is... It's normally delivered on the same day as everyone else's. Perhaps my postie fancied a new hobby.
  • A victim of the issue Webbo highlighted above I expect.
  • Congratulations on your shortlisting, Ana.
  • Well done Ana. :)
  • Good stuff, Ana
  • Just got my mag. I see I am on page 54 re my new poetry book 'Turning the map over' and also I am shortlisted in the children's poetry comp, but I can't remember which one I entered. :)
  • Well done Ana and Nef for the shortlistings, and Nef for the book too.

Ana - would the story work in a women's magazine? Look at womagwriter blog (run by our own lovely PM) for word counts etc.

Or, as Carol said, there are plenty of competitions around - its just finding one that will suit the length and genre of the story.
  • Congratulations, Nefertari. Yours was one of the names I spotted.
  • Congratulations, Nefertari!

I meant to enter the children's poetry, but I missed the deadline.
  • Congratulations, Nefetari, I saw both your mentions.
  • Mine arrived yesterday, I haven't had a real look through yet. Well done to those in this month's issue
  • Congrats Nef. Great reviews there.
  • Mine arrived today. Not had a chance to open it yet.
  • Thanks, Ana and congrats to you on your shortlisting.
    Well done, Ana. If it was shortlisted it's obviously well written, so now you just need to find the right target market.

marion

• Just got my mag. I see I am on page 54 re my new poetry book 'Turning the map over' and also I am shortlisted in the children's poetry comp, but I can't remember which one I entered. :)
    Well done, Nefertari :)

marion

Congratulations on being shortlisted. No mean feat that, in one of the most popular writing mags in the UK.

You could send it here. Open short story competition. WM stories are within 2,000 words aren't they, so you'd be eligible to submit:

http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/2016-open-short-story-competition-with-patsy-collins.html

£100 first prize, £60 second, £25 third, £15 fourth.
  • Thank you, Dora. I'll grab that messenger pigeon right now.
  • LizLiz
    edited February 2016
    Congratulations, everyone! Mine is still lovely and inviting in the packet bt hope to look at it later.

• Well done to all!
  • Congratulations, Nefertari - yours was the one I spotted! :)
  • Well done Nef and Ana!
  • Congratulations on the shortlistings, Ana and Nefertari! And well done to PM for getting her name in the magazine, too.