Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in May 2016's Writing Magazines?

edited April 2016 in - WM and WN
Yes, it's that time again; each month comes around so quickly...

Who's in May 2016's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 7th April so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Hopefully the May issue will start arriving tomorrow- if we're lucky.
  • It may do, Carol, and then again it may not.
  • Unlucky of Dorset... Nope. Nowt.
  • Mine arrived this morning - haven't had time to open it yet.
  • You're first this month, Claudia.

The rest of us look to be getting our copy the same day as it's in shops- tomorrow. :(
  • That's not good.
  • It isn't. :(
  • You're first this month, Claudia.

The rest of us look to be getting our copy the same day as it's in shops- tomorrow. :(
    *feels vindicated by move from Fiji to West Cork*

I haven't spotted any t'bers yet, but I'm rubbish at recognising peoples' real names.
    :-??
  • So we should be getting this today? Can't wait.
  • So we should be getting this today? Can't wait.
    Hopefully. But it can be spread over three days before everyone on here gets their copies.

• Mine has arrived. Haven't spotted any TBers.
  • Mine has arrived! Looking through it now.
  • Hopefully mine will be there when I get in from work, no chance of any housework being done tonight then!
  • Mine hasn't arrived yet :(
  • Mine arrived today - no time to open it yet.
  • Mine arrived just before I had to go out.
  • Mine's here. All I've done is unwrap the plastic.
  • edited April 2016
    I think you have either unwrapped the magazine or removed the plastic. ;)
    I am having a day of extreme pedantry to compensate for my lack of ability to write anything today.
  • edited April 2016
    Do you know, heather, you're shaping up to be grumpier than me?

Go find your own forum to grump in.

I've read the letters, that's usually as much as I get round to.
  • edited April 2016
    haha - I nearly said in my previous comment that I was giving you the day off, but knew that you would refuse the enforced rest.

Anyway, I think you will find that I have been on this forum longer than you, so I therefore claim all rights to be as grumpy as I like.
  • Yes, yes, I have unwrapped the magazine and dispensed with the plastic.

I still haven't opened it. It's right next to me now. Perhaps I will just...

No, I can't be bothered.
  • I read several articles in bed last night. I always read Under The Microscope first.

*smiles smugly*
  • Mine's arrived late! A rare occurrence. Usually early or on time. Going to have a look through it now.
  • Got mine today!
  • Post on a Sunday!
  • I always read Under The Microscope first.

*smiles smugly*
    Same here, Claudia - and every time I pick up an old copy I reread it - sometimes I even read it aloud to my husband (although I'm not sure he really listens! :) )
  • If you have a magnifying glass you'll be able to spot me in the group photograph at the top of page 56. I'm in the happy band of Swanwickers posing for a photograph last year and can't wait for next time. Here's a clue. I'm wearing a turquoise jacket and seated on the grass towards the right of the group.
  • I can see you!
  • Ah, there you are, Montholon!
  • Looking forward to more happy times on the lawn this August!
  • edited April 2016
    I bought mine today!

Keep meaning to subscribe and forget to!