Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

OUTLOOK EXPRESS

edited December 2016 in Writing
My emails come in via Outlook Express who have changed their format recently and I hate it.
Is there any way I can change this or am I stuck with it because I use Windows?

I can't even work out how to find a contact's email address on my list!

Comments

• I use Windows Live Mail. It tries to get me to use Outlook now and then. Don't know if Live Mail comes with the package or you download it and it may even be obsolete now (I have Windows 7 still). Sorry, that's not much help.
  • Can you make adjustments via settings option?
  • Try googling 'How to access address book in OE' or 'How to find contacts in OE', Lizy.
  • There's been something on FB about this, Lizy. Someone was complaining about it, apparently they have 'improved' OE and you have to change to it, it isn't something you can undo, it's the new format, but someone else said they had a slow start but it has many improvements which they are getting to like.
  • I can get to my address book, Mrs B, by opting for 'People' but the entries don't show the person's email address. I Can send an email, no prob, but to find their actual address I have to pretend I want to edit it. I think. I can't remember. I shall have to go and look again. Blast. My head is too woolly right now to cope!
    It was ok until the 'improved' it, Liz. My heart sank when I saw the changes and hasn't risen since.
  • But surely if you get a new email up to send to someone and start typing their name, their address fills itself? Should take seconds..
  • This i know, liz, but if i just want to find out their address to note it on an actual piecd of paper, what then?
  • Then you copy it and paste it onto a piece of paper...
  • Yes.
    Before they changed the format i could simply look it up without having to pretend I wanted to send an email.
    It wasn't broke so why fix it?
  • LizLiz
    edited December 2016
    Is there not an address book function? Try Googling and seeng what others say.
  • My emails come in via Outlook Express who have changed their format recently and I hate it.
    Is there any way I can change this or am I stuck with it because I use Windows?

I can't even work out how to find a contact's email address on my list!
    Hi Lizy on the left hand side down the bottom of the page you will see the following symbols
    An Envelope, a picture of a calendar, and a picture of 2 people head/shoulders and a small box with a tick in. Click on the 2 people and it will load your contacts.