Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writer's Forum

edited January 2017 in - Resources
My mobile writing retreat and I are in the latest issue of Writer's Forum (February? July - who knows?) We're right in the back - in case you fancy a quick nosey in the newsagents.

Comments

• I never see it on the shelves in my town or in Tesco. :(

But now I'm on a mission... >-)
  • My subscriber copy hasn't arrived yet, so it might not be in the shops for a few days.
  • Usually in the shops on the immediate Friday after the subscribers get their copy.
  • Well! I have MY subscriber copy!! I thought I recognised a face in the rear, and then I twigged. PM.
    I'm wondering though, whether the teapot and mug are 'staged' items on the desk. Strange. I didn't spot any mince pies!!
  • That teapot lives in the van and is used A LOT. On our long trip I got so used to filing the kettle on as soon as we stopped anywhere that I sarted doing it in supermarket car parks.
  • 'filing' the kettle, PM?
  • Ummm - yes, I have to file off the mince pie crumbs.
  • Congratulations on your appearance! Disappointed that no mince pies feature.
  • Congratulations, PM. Glad to hear that the mobile writing retreat got a mention. That teapot has served tea in France - it's well-travelled piece of crockery.
  • Congratulations, PM. I'll get a copy when I'm next well enough to go into town.
  • That teapot has served tea in France - it's well-travelled piece of crockery.
    Oh yes - I'd forgotten there was a TB witness to it being a genuine part of our travel kit and not a photographic prop.

I imagine PET is now absolutely prostrate with... whatever the word is ... for having doubted the fact.

• I imagine PET is now absolutely prostrate with... whatever the word is ... for having doubted the fact.
    No, not at all. My imagination is still rife with you and your Boots nail file, 'filing' away congealed crumbs of mince pie from the poor teapot's spout!

• poor teapot
    It has had a harder than average life.
  • Yes, but a far more interesting one than the average teapot.
  • I hear there's a thread about a famous teapot...

I would like to congratulate the teapot on its appearance, and also that red-haired lady who travels with it and does that writing stuff.
  • Poor PM. The bleedin' teapot has attracted more attention than PM's article itself. Someone should be held accountable for that!! :D
  • Where pm's caravan has rested.