Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Expat writers' group

edited February 2017 in Writing
Hi everybody,

I'm a writer who lives abroad and I don't have access to a local writing group. I wanted to see if any other subscribers are interested in forming an online group to help improve each others' work. I write as a hobby, but of course I am desperate to be the best writer I can be, and to reach a wider audience!

I am mostly interested in short stories and flash fiction, and have been writing for a couple of years. I write about all types of subjects and genres, but I suppose that many of my characters are foreigners. If you would like to see an example of my work, then you can read a story I had published in Storgy magazine.

https://storgy.com/2017/01/27/fiction-a-terminal-christmas-by-phil-charter/

All writers are welcome, so please get in touch if you are interested in being part of the group.

Comments

• I wanted to see if any other subscribers are interested in forming an online group to help improve each others' work.
    That's why we're here :D
  • Welcome, Dogbomb!

Have you been part of this forum before, by any chance?
  • Thanks guys,

Just to clarify, I am looking to form a closed group of 4-10 members who send work via email and give detailed critiques, as well as sharing a short themed piece each month.
  • Nae for me, but there's probably plenty here that will take you up on this :) Best of luck!
  • Good luck with it, Dogbomb.
    I belonged to such a group in Tenerife, and there were only six of us at the best of times. It didn't work very well, and I am much happier belonging to this forum..
  • Hi, Dogbomb, I live in France and like you am pretty much on my own, writing wise. I find TB to be a great place to come to learn and to share - and there is the monthly flash fiction competition, where you'd get plenty of feedback.
    I don't do much short fiction at present, having just published a novel and with two more in the pipeline, so I'm not much good to you, I'm afraid. I wish you luck with it, though.
  • I was in a group like that that worked very well for a few years before we drifted off to do other things. At the moment my writing time is spent writing my own things and it takes a lot of time to critique other stories.
  • I started up a group on Talkback some years ago Dogbomb

It worked well

Too busy these days with paid employment to run it now myself but if you can collect togethet a few others on here I am sure you wd find it enjoyable

There is always places like chapter 79 if they still exist?