Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in December 2017's Writing Magazines?

edited October 2017 in - WM and WN
Who's in December 2017's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 2nd November so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Comments

• Spotted one TBer. :)
  • Mine has arrived too.
  • Now I won't see my mum's anymore I will be relying on you all to keep me informed. Probably should subscribe again...
  • Mine arrived today. It's still in its cellophane.

Did your mum write, heather?
  • Just got home to find mine waiting for me. Will have a look at it this evening.
  • Yes, she did Nell, for most of her life. She won a few poetry prizes years ago and had a pamphlet published and we self published a book of her poetry a few years ago. A poem she had written about her funeral was read out at her funeral. She also wrote an unpublished novel. She was the person who would be just as thrilled as I was at any success I had. Almost every day she said to me 'Have you written anything today?' It was sometimes irritating (when I hadn't!) but I would love to hear her say it now. (I do, actually, and I will get back to writing soon.)
  • Oh, Heather.
  • Gosh, she sounds very talented. She must have been thrilled to see that you had inherited her talent. x
  • I'm on page 44 with a little write up about my first ever children's book, 'Wheels on Fire'.
  • Congratulations, montholon.
  • edited October 2017
    Congratulations montholon.

• Congratulations, montholon.

*wonders when the other tber I spotted will 'fess up*
  • Congratulations, montholon

• *wonders when the other tber I spotted will 'fess up*
    Oops - I was looking at November's issue which I've only just started reading due to being away during most of October. :\">

December issue arrived this morning - I have some speed reading to do!
  • Well done, Montholon!
  • edited November 2017
    Well done Montholon.

Like Claudia I still haven't opened the last one ... and perhaps even the one before that! :-O
  • Another well done from me, Montholon!
  • edited November 2017
    The latest monochrome front covers seem prophetic of something to me. 'And another thing' Why is Oscar Wilde's quote:
    'Books are well written, or badly written.' used in two consecutive copies? He's sneaking off with WM online I reckon. Can't you spare it Ed? I like the real thing.
  • Probably couldn't find something in time that fit the space, or they just forgot to change it.
  • Congratulations, Montholon!

Heather, I know how you feel. Really, my mum was SO proud of my writing, she asked for my poems when she was dying in hospital and would read them out to anyone who would listen. I really, really miss being able to tell her any news, she was the person I would tell first about anything, because I know she really was thrilled, and that is irreplaceable. I know Pete's proud of what I do and any success, but it's definitely tempered with a tad of jealousy (he thinks having your name on a book is much better than having your name at the end of a TV programme), and the children are proud in their way, but - she was the one. I wrote to please her, really.
  • (((Aw, Liz)))