Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Newbie alert!

edited January 2018 in Writing
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and very excited to be part of the Talkback group. I live in Australia and my husband bought me an online subscription to WM for Christmas - what a treat as we don't have a mag dedicated to writing anywhere near as helpful and full of friendly advice like this one.
I'm so looking forward to meeting like-minded writers to learn from and share with.

Comments

• Welcome Crow! What do you write?
  • Hello and welcome to Talkback CRW.
  • Hello and welcome, CRW.
  • Lovely to meet you, CRW!
  • Hello CRW. :)
  • G'day! How lovely to welcome a new Aussie to our fold. :)
  • Hi and welcome.
  • edited January 2018
    Hi everyone and thanks so much for the warm welcome. In answer to your question Lizy write women's fiction, although there are a number of guys who profess to be fans too!
    My two published books are Torn and Inviolate set in Yorkshire, UK.
    G'day back Claudia! Are you an Aussie too? Where are you?
    Please forgive me, everyone. I'm so new to forums like this, I really don't know how they work so I'd love to hear from anyone who could tell me how long you've been chatting and what sort of info you share.
    Thanks & thanks again for your kind welcome!

• G'day back Claudia! Are you an Aussie too? Where are you?
    No, but I feel like a token Aussie because I used to live in Fiji and often visited friends and cousins over there so it became a bit of a home away from home. I've since relocated from Fiji to Ireland, but I left a piece of my heart in the Southern Hemisphere.
    I've travelled fairly extensively in Australia - but still only scratched the surface of your vast land!
    Whereabouts are you?
  • edited January 2018
    Lovely to meet you CRW - welcome. You ask how long we've been popping in to this forum - well I've been visiting since 2005 so I guess you could say I've grown old here.
  • We used to have - oh, crikey, I've forgotten Katie's forum name, who lives I think in Victoria, and we still occasionally get visits from Island Girl, who live in Oz.
  • Liz - Katie is Nena and she lives in Western Australia. We also used to have a member called 'Kangaroo' from the Sydney area (I think). Island Girl moved from Victoria to Western Australia.
  • Oh - pongo! He an Aussie, too!
  • No, pongo is a kiwi.
  • No, pongo is a kiwi.
    If a stranger was reading this thread...
    :))
  • Is he? But he goes on walkabout. Do they do that in NZ as well?
  • Hello, good evening. And welcome.
    As someone used to say.

Hope you find the forum useful and good luck with the scribbling.
  • I'd like to say hello as a 'newbie' although I have graced these threads in another life.
    I left to concentrate on writing, still concentrating but still not writing. Thought I'd pop back to see who's about. Hey Carol, now you I remember. Anyway, I'll stick around for a bit and see how I get along. Is the old Pantomime thread still going, I recall we had a good laugh with that one around Xmas time. Liking the new site format!! MarcB
  • Hi Marc.
    Lovely to have your company again.
    Hope you enjoy ours!
  • Hi CRW - I’m checking in from Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland. Been a TB member for many years but my attendance is erratic as I’m involved in so many online forums! :D
  • Hi MarcB.

Sadly our numbers have declined from when you were here, but you'll soon get to know everyone who's arrived since your last visit.
  • Who were you last time, marc? Or do you prefer to keep your past under wraps!
  • Hey, MarcB of the wicked sense of humour is back. Hope you stick around, Marc. :)
  • Hi Marc!
  • Hello, CRW and hello again, MarcB. I've been off in the land of editing, scribbling and messing about, and getting through, as you do, so haven't been here much this winter. I'm in Brittany, a land of mud and magic.
  • edited March 2018
    Hi Caffeinated, I'm also a newbie and an Aussie, live in Sydney. Have been writing since 1989 and am a member of Fellowship of Australian Writers. I've been subscribing to Writing Mag for years and find it a great resource. I write short stories, memoir, articles, all types of poetry, and tanka. I also give workshops and judge writing comps. Your books sound interesting. I love Yorkshire, having travelled to the UK for the first time in 2016. Would love to live in England or France for a while.
  • Hello, DrAnne, and a very warm welcome to you, too!
  • Hello DrAnne.
  • Hi DrAnne. I'm a poet.
  • Oh, I nearly missed this!
    G'day and welcome, DrAnne.
  • Hello DrAnne.
  • Hi DrAnne. I'm Aussie born but raised in England.