Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

opportunity !!!!!!!!!!!

edited August 2018 in Writing
I have "admired" a lady for the last ten years but unable to voice my feelings.
Was at a funeral recently and was sitting next to her when the minister had everyone in the church turn to their neighbour and say "I love you". Never was something said so sincerely as I looked into her eyes.
While I know she just looks on me as a dear friend she does know my feelings toward her and I am grateful to the minister to give me the opportunity to finally actually say it to her. I shall die happy.
(not just yet though) .

Comments

• Aww, pongo, you old softy. Did she say it back?
  • Oh! What a way to start the day.
  • :x Aww, how wonderful for you. x
  • That is sooo.... I'm coming in for a hug x
  • Problem is I have a very good wife of over sixty years.
    She is totally unaware, fortunately.
  • :O
    That's more than a problem.
  • Uh-oh...
  • I have "admired" a lady for the last ten years but unable to voice my feelings.
    Problem is I have a very good wife of over sixty years.
    She is totally unaware, fortunately.
    Ah, so that is why you have been unable to voice your feelings.

When I read your second post I felt sad and a bit let down on behalf of your wife. On reflection, it's not my place make judgements. It's not your fault that you developed 'feelings' for another lady after such a long marriage and you are to be commended for recognising the value of staying with your 'very good wife'. I think this sort of thing must happen in many marriages.

• I'm hoping that Mrs pongo, knowing your voice as she does, did not recognise the veracity of your greeting.
  • I'm hoping Mrs Pongo, knowing your voice as she does, doesn't read Talkback either now, or in the future.
  • Oh Pongo, how lovely and how sad. Not all marriages are made in heaven, I know, but how splendid that you were able to say it this once.
  • The "lady" and I e-mail every day. My wife never goes on my computer and is not very computer literate anyway. After sixty years my marriage is 'comfortable' and neither of us would disrupt it. However, to have been 'in love' for the last ten years is wonderful. We are kindred spirits in a way I have never experienced before.
    While, yes, there is an element of guilt, there is no harm and I am a happy man.
  • Have you ladies seen "The Book Club"???
    Confirms that age is no barrier.
    (PS I was the only male in an audience of over sixty.)
  • Hope you don't talk in your sleep or you may be in trouble :-))
  • Or on my death bed asking for the wrong woman.
    Had to give a eulogy once, written by the deceased, extolling his love and the virtues of his ladyfriend. Talked to the lady and showed her the writing so she knew what he felt but didn't mention her in my oration so kept the family peace.
    It's called , diplomacy.
  • So you didn't read what he wrote? Perhaps he wanted honesty and had had enough of diplomacy.
  • edited September 2018
    So you didn't read what he wrote? Perhaps he wanted honesty and had had enough of diplomacy.
    Perhaps he shd have been honest when alive then.

What is the point in hurting a lot of people once you've popped yr clogs and aren't around to take the shite which you have caused?

The living wd have to live with his dirty deeds while he lay there, smirking six feet under.

• Everyone knew he was friendly with the lady and doubt if there was any "dirty" deeds.
    As with my 'friendship' it is finding someone on the same wavelengths, gender is irrelevant but to really love such a person is a bonus if they are the opposite sex unless one is gay, of course.
    Incidently, age does not make humans natural instincts 'dirty'. Old people 'feel' just the same as young people. When my mother remarried when I was about 12 she said to me that love is not the prerogative of youth. So true.
    I am not talking about some peoples preference of children etc, yes, they are unnatural and so are rightly tagged as being perverted.
    An argument against being 'gay' is that their sex acts are unnatural is probably a too delicate subject to air here.
  • You never know what a person is really like until you live with them.
  • You never know what a person is really like until you live with them.
    madam snail is very much of that opinion

• A sensible lady you have there, sm :)