Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Just when you feel like giving up

A brilliant writer friend has just decided to take a break from writing out of sheer disillusionment. Another friend has folded her fb writer's group due to lack of engagement. More and more people seem to be feeling like all the social media networking, blogging and reading about writing gets you precisely nowhere. My sales figures are abysmal so that's exactly how I've been feeling lately. Then out of the blue this review comes along and makes everything shiny - for a bit anyway  http://www.bastianbalthasarbooks.co.uk/

Comments

• What a wonderful review, Ana. It wasn't a gushing *5 star 'everything was perfect' review - but the reviewer had given it a lot of thought and wrote with complete honesty. And to say your book is superior to The Weirdstone of Brisingamen... wow!  Congratulations. :)
  • That penultimate sentence - I agree one hundred per cent. Worthy praise, Ana. 
  • Thank you button BB and Claudia

• When a reader takes time to write in that much detail, you have made an impact. There's a lot to be proud of there, Ana. Well done.