Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Free ebook collaboration by four writers.

Three of my writing friends and I have produced a free ebook. getbook.at/AWNF

It contains a short story from each of us, a bit about why we write and some sample chapters.

Comments

• Thanks PM - I have downloaded my copy and read your first story :)  How do you make it free? I thought Amazon charged for their services, which is why their royalties are so small.
  • If the book is free elsewhere (as this is) you can sometimes persuade them to 'price match' and make it free on Amazon too. There's no guarantee they'll do it at all, or that it will stay free. Obviously they're not keen as they make no money from it. We talked them round.

(I did the same with this one getbook.at/NotADropToDrink )

• This book, and another Rosemary (Mutley) and I co wrote wouldn't have happened if the two of us hadn't met in Talkback.

I'm wondering if any other writing projects came about as a result of this forum.
  • Not exactly a project but I have certainly heard of magazine titles through the forum where members have mentioned their success and have gone on to pitch successful pieces myself. I see it as one of the advantages of keeping in touch and sharing.
  • This book, and another Rosemary (Mutley) and I co wrote wouldn't have happened if the two of us hadn't met in Talkback.

I'm wondering if any other writing projects came about as a result of this forum.
    I haven't collaborated with anyone - but I've had fiction published as a direct result of talkback - and I have learned a great deal about writing and the publishing world as a direct result of talkback - for which I shall always be grateful.
  • Well said, Claudia. I too would be lost without Talkback.