Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in July 08's magazines due out 5th June?

edited June 2008 in - WM and WN
Who’s in July 08’s magazines due out 5th June?

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page. And the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name.

Comments

• That time again so soon. :)
  • I am hoping I might be, but it depends on whether I made the deadline or not !
  • I wonder who'll be first with the news!

I'm also wondering why I couldn't find this thread/discussion when I did a search. Hmm.
  • Glad to see you found it.
    Wonder if anyone will get their copy today. Or will we all have to wait until tomorrow?
  • Mine always seems to come friday regardless of the date.
  • Just got my copy and I see am shortlisted for the poetry 'Paradise Today' comp! page 61
  • got mine this morning but haven't opened the package yet. Well done, Kateyanne!!!
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • Well done. Kateyanne.
  • Mine arrived this morning but I've not opened the wrapping yet.
  • Well done Kateyanne.
  • Well done Kateyanne, Jay and Rosalie...
  • My copy arrived this morning.
    I can't believe it has arrived so quickly.
    This has to be something of record as I usually wait anything up to a fortnight for mine to arrive.
    I'm looking forward to reading it this evening.
    :D
  • I don't usually get the mag this quickly either.
    Well done Jay and Rosalie.
  • Guess what just plopped through my letterbox. Won't get much done today now. Well done Kateyanne.
  • Guess what hasn't arrived here again? :(
  • Welcome back, Soobdoo!
  • Gosh, well done Kateyanne! You seem to be on a role at the moment - which is a pretty good endorsement for the poetry home study course!
  • Yes mine arrived today.
    Saw Jay's letter.
    Well done to all who are featured.
  • Well done Kateyanne, Jay and Rosalie. I have started reading mine yet but I will do later.
  • Well done everyone, glanced through my copy, but couldn't see me in it !
  • edited June 2008
    nice one, Jay, good report, Rosalie!
  • Anyone through with their copies yet? Mine are ready to be shipped out. Even less to read this month than usual!
  • edited June 2008
    Anybody else residing in the UK NOT got their copy yet?
  • Got mine this morning. Only had a quick look through. Well done Kateyanne, Jay and Rosalie. :P
  • Well done Jay and Rosalie.
  • The letter above Jay's is from Gary Kruse.
    Well done everyone who's "in"!
  • I thought the winning story in WN was very good.
  • Haven't read it yet.
  • I noticed Gary's letter but after my mentioning MM (before she announced it herself) last time, thought I'd keep quiet ;) Well done all.
  • Nice to see our Jay at it again: name dropping both titles of his books AND his publishers webpage!
  • Yeah, good for you, Jay! :-)
  • You have to admire him - he doesn't miss a chance! Good for you, Jay!!! LD
  • And so subtlely too ;)
  • Subtlety is my middle name!

There's going to be a trailer for the second edition of A Different Kind of Love. YOU CAN HELP! I'll go and look for the thread.
  • Well done everyone - nice to see TB keeping up the magazine domination tradition.
  • By the way that mysterious LD was supposed to be :) - I hit the wrong key!
  • I was wondering about that! Thanks for clearing up the confusion (I'm confused enough already!).
  • Post has just been - surprise, surprise NO WM again ;)
  • Oh :( is the postal system being slow in Scotland.
  • Celtic C. Mine didn't arrive either.
  • Writers' News, page 10. Flash about Zoetrope: All Story.

It sounds too good to be true. I went to the website, but can't find a specific publication. I've searched for the editor's name, but nothing came up. Am I missing something?

http://www.allstory.com/
  • Jay, this was one I'd highlighted when I first got the mag. It sounded pretty good! After a bit of searching, I discovered WN have printed the wrong email address. They missed out a vital hyphen! It should be:

http://www.all-story.com/

Had a quick look at the site but can't find any info regarding $1,200 per story, and the kids are due home in a few minutes. I'll have to look another time.
  • davaaris - I know it shouldn't, but your post makes me feel a bit better ;)
  • I was surprised to see my letter in there, but in a nice way! Well done to everyone else in there too!
  • I got my mags yesterday. Well done everyone who's in. $1200 a story - it's got to be a misprint, surely?
  • Congrats to everyone, who's done something ! Just about to read them now.
  • Well done Gary! :P
  • Well done, Jay, Kateyanne and Gary (and anyone else who is in) :)
  • i noticed in WN the section where they say what the competition is for next month the picture of a cheetah and the caption underneath saying that next months competition was about how a leopard can/cannot change his spots....huh? cheetah, leopard, two different animals!!