Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Starting again

edited September 2018 in Writing
Started writing a new rom com today, it's always daunting typing out the first few pages especially after a week or two shuffling ideas, playing about with characters to see how they might fit. Killed two of them today before they even got off the spreadsheet. Writers are vicious murderers sometimes! I knocked off a sarcastic mother in law and a domineering ex partner. If only real life were that easy lol. Killed a dog too then felt guilty and resurrected it as a cat called percy but it's unlikely he'll survive the first draft and he'll get replaced by a tortoise called Henry who'll most likely morph into a minor ex boyfriend called matt.

I might need psychiatric help!

Comments

• edited September 2018
    It's easy killing baddies - try killing a nice person tomorrow!
  • We won't tell!
  • I loved reading that, Datco - you should turn the discards into a short story! :)
  • I have killed Marigold Fleecebuckle. She was a nice old lady.

Stuff happens
  • Can't say I'm surprised by that statement, sm
  • C2C2
    edited September 2018
    Killed a dog too then felt guilty and resurrected it as a cat called percy but it's unlikely he'll survive the first draft and he'll get replaced by a tortoise called Henry who'll most likely morph into a minor ex boyfriend called matt.

Nooooo! Don't go down that road, dacto, you are far better than that, it reads too much like the soaps on the TV, these days.
    I'm just waiting for a new character to arrive that used to be a tree that had fallen in a storm, and released from its earthy confinement, I'm sure they could make it plausible by saying the long lost person use to have twigs for fingers or some rubbish like that.

I might need psychiatric help!

:)

• Lizy said:
    It's easy killing baddies - try killing a nice person tomorrow!
    I like killing the goodies. The baddies are more fun to be around.