Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing Events a bit more in my area??

edited June 2009 in - Writing Problems
I am wanting to have more involvement in literary events and have been scouring the Internet for those of interest. My main problem is that I live in West Cumbria and most events are too far away. Does anyone know of any that are in or around Cumbria?

I will also be in York and Leeds in September so if there was one there at that point that would be very convenient :-)

I love where I live but I do hate that I am so out of the loop sometimes.

Comments

• If I hear of anything I'll let you know.
  • Hi Emma - If you subscribe to the e-newsletter for Eden Arts by emailing [email protected], Sue Allan will send you a regular, very long missive about events all across Cumbria, not just the Eden Valley (in fact, usually not the Eden Valley!). The biggies are obviously the Wordsworth Trust in Grasmere and Words by the Water in Keswick, but I bet you already know that. Failing that, have you had a good look around your local bookshop? I don't know the ones on your side of the county, but our local one does all sorts. Ditto the library. If you hear of any goodies, please let me know, too!
  • edited June 2009
    [quote=Emma B]I love where I live but I do hate that I am so out of the loop sometimes. [/quote]

Tell me about it!!
    :)
  • Out of the loop - is that a joke, Wolfie! A play on words? (LOUP being Wolf!?)
  • Oh ceka what is it with you and your love of animal icons :-D

Thanks Ginger I'll do that. I'm just trying to keep an eye on everything at the moment. RJ Elloy is going to be at one of the local libraries but its at 2pm on a Tuesday!!! Do they assume those with a literary interest do not have full-time jobs???
  • Our library does the same thing, if you have children to collect you can't do it in time.
  • I would have love to go to the occassional library event but they are all smack in the middle of the day. 2pm??? This does really annoy me. Surely this is not feesible for the majority of people. Hands up who is actually free 2pm on a Tuesday?