Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Quotations to inspire you to write

edited June 2009 in - Writing Problems
For all of us that need a little push:

There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Ana

Comments

• edited June 2009
    [quote=Emma B]If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison[/quote]

I'm not convinced by that one! :D
  • they're all good.
  • I also love this one:

"Let me walk through the fields of paper touching with my wand dry stems and stunted butterflies...." -Denise Levertov, A Walk Through the Notebooks
  • "If we do not receive your payment within 3 days we will disconnect your electricity and gas supply by forceable entry if required"
    Scottish Power- A final demand

I have found that quite encouraging to write and make money in the past.

:-) (sorry being flippant I know)
  • Works for me!

:)
  • That would do it, Aegean.
  • On a more serious inspirational quote. I have kept this in one of my note books for a long time.

It is a direct quote from Ian Fleming.

"Above all being a comparitively succesful writer is a good life you dont have to work at it all the time and you can carry your office around in your head and you are far more aware of the world around you.Writing makes you more alive to your surroundings.And since the main ingredient of living is to be alive that is a worthwhile by product even if you only write thrillers whose heroes are white , villians are black and heroins a delicate shade of pink"
  • Aegean - that's a lovely quote....and so true.

O'Dwyer