Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Interviews for articles

edited September 2009 in - Writing Problems
Anyone got any good tips for interviewing - I have to interview a top chef next week and havn't done many face to face interviews, I usualy do them by e mail, much less stressful!!

Comments

• Hello! Not sure if this might help:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article3185763.ece

I'll see if I can find anything else.
  • Thanks Jay - will get down to some reading.
  • A top chef? Well, I'd ask if he could knock me up a few samples.
  • It's imporatnt to be prepared. Know what questions you want to ask, but be prepared to explore other interesting things to come up. It's worth reading up some background on the person to, so that you don't blunder into something that is a difficult area. If possible tape the interview so that you can give them your full attention and not worry that you've failed to write something down.
  • Thanks Mutley. Yes, I am all clued up on him, frankly looking at all his press releases and web pages I could write the article without the interview but you can’t refuse these things can you?
    Yes I thought I better record it, he may make an original quote.
    Knowing some of these celeb chefs I will be lucky to get a cup of coffee!