Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

(Article) Why writing rubbish is productive

edited November 2009 in - Writing Problems
Thought this might make a few feel better, especially those doing NaNoWriMo...

http://writetodone.com/2009/11/14/why-writing-rubbish-is-productive/

Comments

• Rubbish rules, ok?
  • dora, your comments sounds like a load of trash to me, dora.......... ;)
  • Thanx for the link Emma
  • This is the type of encouragement I need at the moment. I might actually start something today and it could break the dry spell I've hit.
  • Good article and backs up the comment I made on 'tips you'd give would be writers' just before opening this thread which was:

don't tell people you want to write - DO IT!!!!!!!
  • Do it is the best advice you could give a wanna be writer.
  • Well it actually prompted me to do some writing for the first time in....it feels like months but life has been so hectic I've lost all track of time. I know what I wrote wasn't much good but it got down the basic idea that I was thinking about so I might be able to do something with it later.
  • very helpful. I might just go and write now
  • It's paid off for Jeffrey Archer.
  • Who is he then? ;)
  • A friend of Robin Hood?
  • babbling and then editing is what the article suggests. Maybe some writers don't do enough of the editing so their work just looks like babbling!
  • [quote=Stan2]Who is he then? [/quote] That better be a joke
  • What's a joke?
  • Cousin to Jo King? So St force, who is this Jeffrey Archer geezer then?
  • Jeffrey archer is a god! Speak like that again and I'll be-head you!! Foul Swine!!!!
  • A god? He was sent to prison for fraud. I passed his house every Monday to Friday for seven weeks on my way to a hospital in Cambridge.
  • Oh that's a shame Stan. Couldn't you have taken a detour?
  • He is the best!!!!!!
  • How can a man who committed fraud, paid for prostitutes behind his wife's back, lied to the conservative party during the scandal, and who was imprisoned for his crimes, be called the best? Best at what exactly? Cos it sure aint writing...
  • [quote=Red]Cos it sure aint writing... [/quote] WHAT YOU JUST SAY!!!! GET OFF OF TALKBACK. NOW!!!
  • Red aint going anywhere.

The name of this thread is quite apt...Mr Archer writes a fair bit of rubbish. I would place him in the same catagory as Jackie Collins.
  • No, I was here long before you.
  • YEAH WELL....... SHUT UP!
  • Make me.
  • Oh STF, please be quiet. This isn't how to behave on TB.
  • Stf. You're being really rude. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Just because it's not the same as yours doesn't mean they should leave or shut up. That's getting on the line of abuse. You wouldn't like it if I did it to you.

I can't comment on Jeffery Archer since I don't really know who he is. By the sounds of it...I don't want to.
  • Unless of course if this isn't STF. Maybe one of his "friends" has hijacked his log in?
  • I bet StF does have a lot of logging friends. I hear lumberjacks are his type.
  • :) Oh I dunno, more like a collection o'floaters in my opinion.