Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

One for the ladies, particularly the mummies...

edited December 2009 in - Writing Problems
I've been struggling with a chapter near the end of book #3, and I was wondering whether a few lovely TB ladies would mind giving it read. I'm looking for advice and some good constructive criticism, if you wouldn't mind. Because it's a good chunk of the chapter (1700 words), I will whisper it, with a little bit of backstory, to any volunteers.

The gents are, obviously, more than welcome to give it a look-see if they want to, but given the content, I think I really need a bit of imput from ladies with children.

Thanks in advance,

*SA*

Comments

• I don't know that I'm qualified to comment except that I have 3 children but I'll happily have a look if you like.
  • Hello SA.

I think I owe you one, after you gave me inspo recently.

Chuck it my way then.

cheers,
    dora xx
  • I'm out most of today but could read it over the weekend.
  • I've got a few children. Gosh arn't they just bundles of joy. ;-)
  • Mothers are like the Sun, keeping us warm and alive,
    Fathers are like the Earth, nurturing us and helping us grow.
    Kids are like, baby goats.
  • I'm sure it will. Like I said I think you'll get a lot of conflicting views because i think it can be so diferent for people. One woman told me it was like shelling peas, few shoves and they are there. Others have found it so awful that they decided to stick to one. It's also the only pain I know that you seem to forget about (if that's the right way of putting it) because unless you focus on remembering the brain does tend to let the good over-ride the bad. It might be worth mentioning that I think the body does produce natural pain relief or whatever you call it to actual numb some of the pain. I'm sure you will get people saying their experiences were diferent but I think for writing it's an overall impression as much as technical description.

Best of luck anyway.
  • little bump...

*SA*
  • another one...

*SA*
  • SA

I'd be happy to give you a bit of input if you like
  • bump... again... :D

*SA*
  • You are most welcome, SA.
    After all, we are not only 'sort of' colleagues,
    but also very good TBers.