Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Blogger feeds - issue with images

edited July 2010 in - Writing Problems
I've discovered that often, though not always if you add an image to the top of your blog post in Blogger - when you publish it, the image can stop the post from feeding. If followers have subscribed to your work this means they don't get feed emails with your story, poem, rant etc. It's to do with how the script is read, which is left-to-right. It's no use adding your image in at the left then aligning it right - the underlying html still places it before your text, which seems to disable the feed.

A work-around is to create your post and publish it with no image, then immediately edit it to add the image in.

If you have a blog, subscribe to it yourself as a fail-safe.

Hope this helps those who aren't getting the audiences they might expect.

Comments

• Thanks for the great tips, Lily.
  • How do you subscribe to your own blog Lily?
  • There's a widget you can add Carol. Or people can click the RSS symbol in their browser above your blog and subscribe to a feed. But I prefer the widget. I've got to go out now but will explain further later if you're unable to find it. Your blog's looking great, btw!
  • Thanks on both counts.