Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

One Day Writers Conference Details.

edited November 2010 in - Resources
Get Writing 2011 – Tickets on Sale NOW!

Inspired to write? Well if you really love writing, have a dream of becoming a writer or just want to know a little more about writing then Get Writing 2011 might be worth attending.

Verulam Writers’ Circle has been supporting and encouraging writers for more than fifty years and in association with the University of Hertfordshire are pleased to announce their fourth Get Writing conference.

So what do you get for your money? The opportunity to pitch your novel to an agent, editor or publisher. A selection of seminars and workshops to inspire your development. Q & A sessions dig out all the trade secrets of getting your writing from the written page to the published novel. Time to network with authors, editors, agents and publishers during coffee and lunch breaks. And no conference would be complete without the writing competitions. If you would like to find out more click on this link: www.vwc.org.uk

Get Writing 2011
Saturday 19th February 2011
9:00am – 6:00pm
de Havilland Campus
University of Hertfordshire
Off St. Albans Road West (A1057)
Hatfield.
AL10 9EU

So brush up your writing skills, check it out the website and sign up. What are you waiting for?

Comments

• Butterfly not seen you for ages. How are you? Thanks for the above info.
  • Thanks Butterfly, also mentioned here: http://www.writersnews.co.uk/writers_talkback/comments.php?DiscussionID=174852&page=1#Item_1

I met you at the last conference!

I have a three minute pitch with Scott Pack but I have decided to use the time to interview him for my blog. Someone else did that the other year and it sounded fun.
  • Hi Kateyanne, I'm fine, but as always I go off and write and forget to keep in touch, a failing I fear, not the writing the forgetting.

Lou thanks for putting the other link on here. I think people will get a lot from the conference and as you know the pitching sessions go quickly. Good luck with your meeting with Scott Pack.
  • there are still places for this conference, so if you're looking for the perfect Christmas Present for a writer friend of yours, why not think of buying a ticket for them.
    It is a brilliant day conference and for only £55 for the day, food, networking, seminars and workshops. There is something for everyone. Take a look and see what you think.
  • Whoo, Butterfly, I would really have to love someone to spend £55 on their gift!!!!!
    But even if I did, there's no one I know anywhere near that area.
  • It was just a thought. We've got people coming from all over the country. It really is a great conference, well worth the trip.
    Maybe next year we'll see you Dorothyd?
  • edited December 2010
    shouldn't think so ... leaving the island is SO expensive before I begin to travel anywhere! I only leave the island for promotional trips, I don't even go to see family.