Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Cult TV reviewers/writers needed

edited December 2010 in - Resources
Just saw this: http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/v/246-cult-tv-reviewers-writers-needed.html

It says "The site needs writers to review new episodes/DVDs and contribute to features. Unfortunately they won't be able to pay you, but you will get sent the latest shows and DVDs before they're out, and once you've reviewed them the discs are yours to keep. There may also be other opportunities, like doing interviews."

Could be interesting - anyone?

Comments

• Thanks, LilyC. This bit made me smile.

'Any emails that don't include writing examples will not recieve a response.

Good spelling and grammar are essential.'
  • Interesting but I never watch any of the shows mentioned. I am so out of that particular loop I only recently learned that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who - duh.
  • Would be fantastic for a full-time job but I don't think I could combine it with my current job and other hobbies.
  • edited December 2010
    Do they want these 'reviews' as an aid to SELL the particular dvd s, or do they want HONEST reviews? :-)
  • Might have a serious look at it as I watch most of those shows anyway - free DVDs are always welcome.
  • [quote=bill]Do they want these 'reviews' as an aid to SELL the particular dvd s, or do they want HONEST reviews?[/quote]
    Good point Bill; the former no doubt.

[quote=collide-o-scope] I only recently learned that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who - duh[/quote]
    I never knew that either c-o-s!!
  • [quote=LilyC]collide-o-scope wrote: I only recently learned that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who - duh
    I never knew that either c-o-s!! [/quote]

news to me too!
  • Must admit, even though I didn't watch Torchwood, I kept being subject to all these trailers and thinking "what a stupid name for a programme." Was ages before someone informed me it was an anagram.

I suppose if you watch it regularly you'd know.
  • Only watch one or two of those listed, so no good for me.
  • I'm tempted by this as I love doing reviews. I did a few in the past for an on-line DVD site and got nothing for that so why not. I also get free tickets to do cinema previews but never get around to going or doing them which is silly. Think I'll work on that this year (2011).