Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

(Markets) Library of the Living Dead - paying anthologies

edited January 2011 in - Resources
Here's another market for those of us looking for paying horror/sf/f/speculative anthologies - 1c per word plus contributor's copy.

http://libraryofthelivingdead.lefora.com/forum/category/library-imprints-open-for-submission/

Comments

• Thanks Lou - I visit this forum from time to time, not all are paying but it's good to know some do.
  • I have just submitted something to the Liminality anthology.

"Liminality is the state between states; it’s what you experience when you’re no longer what you were, but haven’t quite become what you’re going to be.

"I’m looking for speculative fiction stories that are in the liminal state -- specifically, stories that are in-between genres. There are no other limitations on content, except that there must be a speculative element. What (and how many) genres you choose to muddle and how you choose to blur the lines are completely up to you."

Deadline 15 Jan
  • been wondering all day why I have been given a title for a ghost story. I bookmarked this interesting site and hey presto, they have a ghost antho going. Right, off to write ...
  • Is 1c the going rate for this kind of anthology? I can't work out where the money's going.
  • Is 1c the going rate, anyone?
  • varies tremendously. Is it a small publisher or large, if small, sometimes you're lucky they pay at all!
  • It's not bad for a small publisher, bearing in mind some of them only pay 1/4c per word!
  • How does that compare to a short story in a womag?
  • Womags pay a lot more.