Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Authonomy - anyone participated in this?

pbwpbw
edited January 2011 in - Resources
Do any of you know this one? Any good? Is it worth posting work up there ? Is it helpful?

http://www.authonomy.com/about.aspx

Comments

• Do a Search (Comments) for Authonomy and you find the previous discussions.
  • I went to a very interesting talk by a Harper Collins person about authonomy at the Winchester Festival - I'll try and dig out my notes. His basic premise was that it is gradually changing into a useful peer reviewing site rather than people clawing their way to the top.
  • Well, I'd always gone along with the advice that it's a waste of time and energy and unlikely to get you a book deal BUT I know someone on another site who was recently contacted by an agent at Darley Anderson. She (the agent) had seen their book on Authonomy and invited them to send the manuscript in for consideration. So, you never know...
  • Always worth a try and it's another place for your name to be connected with when you are googled !
  • [quote=flyingtart]BUT I know someone on another site who was recently contacted by an agent at Darley Anderson. She (the agent) had seen their book on Authonomy and invited them to send the manuscript in for consideration. So, you never know... [/quote]

That sounds good in theory, but in practice she could have sent her book to Darley Anderson at any time without being on Authonomy...

You also have to be prepared to put a lot of work into reviewing other people's work in order for them to review yours.
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]in practice she could have sent her book to Darley Anderson at any time without being on Authonomy...[/quote]
    True, although solicited material always gets more attention than the slush pile. But I agree, it's a very long shot.