Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

PHILIP REEVE discusses Mortal Engines, Scars, King Arthur, Science Fiction and Writing

edited May 2011 in - Resources
Philip Reeve is the award winning author of the Mortal Engines quartet, the Larklight books and Here Lies Arthur, among others.

He very kindly answered a few questions about his writing and his books.
Enjoy! :)

http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2011/05/philip-reeve-discusses-mortal-engines.html

Comments

• I've not read any of his books but great interview. I've put his Arthur book on my list. Thanks, Tracy.
  • Glad you enjoyed it SusieM and Here Lies Arthur is a wonderful book.
  • Well, I was fascinated by his comments about his disfigured heroine. A brave decision to make really, but it obviously has worked.
    I liked his advice 'just write, really' - and his comment about following story writing rules being a potentially dangerous one.
    Couldn't agree more!
    Thanks for posting the link, Tracy.
  • [quote=claudia]Thanks for posting the link, Tracy.[/quote]

My pleasure, Claudia - glad you enjoyed it. :)
  • Good interview. I liked the sound of the heroine with the facial scars, too. I haven't read his books but will do so now.
  • Glad you enjoyed the interview Rosalie. :)
  • ^^^ For anyone who may have missed it :)
  • Thanks for this Tracy. I love Mortal Engines which my sister-in-law bought for my son years ago. As with most series however I like the first one best and run out of steam with the rest of the quartet.