Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Free E-Book website

edited May 2011 in - Resources
I thought this site might be worth a mention, http://www.manybooks.net/

I think many of the books on the site are the Project Gutenberg editions, however I find this site much easier to search through as you can browse by language and category and the site shows an image of each book cover. They also offer downloads in several different e-book formats.

Comments

• I can't get on with e-books, I prefer the print on a page. I just can't get into a book, don't like reading things on a screen.
  • I never thought I'd be able to get into e-books either, but then I realised how useful an e-reader would be to take travelling. I still prefer paper books, but my e-reader came with 100 free classics and it is encouraging me to read things which I thought I never would.
  • I enjoy my e-reader.
  • It's portability is the advantage. You can go on holiday and take a selection of books with you and they don't take up much more room than a pocket novel.
    I find it useful to try out writers I've not read before.
  • My daughter loves hers, she commutes every day and finds it much easier to fit the Kindle in her handbag than a book. She is also reading a lot more now with it.