Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

silly question- Format of submission

So, to all you experts that enter competitions. Taking into account the "guidelines" (e.g. don't splatter your name on every page). Do you include something like a cover page? It doesn't mention anything. It being my first attempt at rejection and all :D I am not quite sure!

Comments

• Usually the competition rules/entry conditions will say where and if to include your name. Sometimes it is on a cover sheet, sometimes an entry form, sometimes in the email but not on the document if it is online entry. If it doesn't say at all then I would include your details on a separate sheet.

Which comp is it?
  • http://www.lightshippublishing.co.uk/competition/short_story_competition
    Lightship Short Story Comp.
    I suspect it will be addressed once logged in. Not thinking clear right now. But thank you Heather. - Haven't had much sleep in the last 24 hours .. baby likes being up with the sun. :D
  • Sleeping a lot at the moment, then?
  • Nope - but getting plenty of writing done :D (in thirty minute stints!)
  • From the T&C:-

"You can enter on-line, or by post. No entry form is required. If you enter by post please include your name and address on a separate sheet of paper along with the title of your story entry.
    On-line entries will only be accepted if entered through our website. Please do not send your stories as email attachments.

Do not put your name on your story, please. Your story is will be automatically linked to your name when you enter through the website."

So as you said, will be linked once logged in.

Hope you can get some sleep tonight (and not in thirty minute stints!) :)
  • Yes, hope you can get a little more sleep soon.
  • thanks Heather, Carol. Not sure I want too much sleep - I'll not get any writing done!
  • :D
    A few short naps might help the writing.