Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Competition on Facebook write 500 word opening historical novel win Kindle

edited November 2011 in - Resources
I just saw on FB there is a writing comp to win a kindle, you have to write a 500 word opening to a novel today it's an historical novel. It's run by Tesco and you win a Kindle.
New genre every day this week I believe.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.238776839514788.59443.112463368812803&type=1

Comments

• Hi Kateyanne. I took a look at this, but it says in the rules a 500 character limit, not word limit. Supposed to be historical with a Tesco twist! Will have to have a think.
  • oh didn't read it properly , thanks. Wonder what genre it will be tomorrow then?
  • Looks like they'll all have to include Tesco in it somehow! My brains a bit dead right now after writing 3000 words for nanowrimo today. It doesn't seem to want to work anymore!
  • I had a go at the romance one on Tuesdaymanaged to mention Tesco`s but no luck . Could not think of a thing historical for today.
  • It won't be very far back in the historical category if Tesco has to come into it...
  • no but every little helps...
  • sooz, it didn't work because you have to enter before 5pm. I made the same mistake, trying too late yesterday. Last chance tomorrow, before 5pm.