Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

2012 Short Story Prize - Bridgwater Home-Start

edited November 2011 in - Resources
I'd like to mention this competition to you all because many years ago I received help from Home-Start (Bedfordshire) so I know this is an excellent charity - www.homestart-bridgwater.org.uk/index.php/short-story-prize-2012

Comments

• Thanks Diana.

Do you know what this means please :

A Trustee of the Charity will oversee the preliminary assessment of entries and the secure filing and recording of authors’ details.

Thanks.
  • I would guess it means that entries will be sifted by a non-writer and only those he or she likes will go through to the judging, proper.

He/she will give each story a number so it's read anonymously.
  • Gosh sorry no, I don't know. I am not connected with them at all. It just pulled at my heartstrings because when I was widowed young with very small child I had Home Start help (not their branch, but my local branch) so in all the spam I get which I don't have time to read this email stood out because I knew how reputable they are. However, surely they won't mind if you contact them and ask that specific question.
  • Sounds like the trustee will check to make sure entries are eligible and pass them, anonymously, to the judges - but as Diana says, you could contact to ask for clarification.
  • Looking on the web site, it says 'experienced readers' will select the ten best entries for the guest judge to pick the winner.

I'll go with what PM says.
  • Thanks for posting this, Diana. I stumbled across the competition a few weeks ago but stupidly forgot to make any kind of note about it, then found I couldn't remember what it was called.

Problem solved! Much obliged.
  • Hey, Phots. Fancy meeting you here...