Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Bridport closing date changed

edited January 2012 in - Resources
I was just having a look at their website before deciding whether to shoot for the stars again when I noticed that the closing date for entries has changed from June to the 31st May.

http://www.bridportprize.org.uk/

Comments

• That will probably be because of the Queen's Jubilee celebrations and the changed Spring Bank Holiday dates.
  • I know nothing about these date changes! What's been changed?
  • edited January 2012
    Usually at the end of May we have a Spring Bank Holiday- Monday, usually coincides with schools half terms too, but this year because of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee it has been replaced, so we get the 2-5th June-so the weekend and the Monday and Tuesday straight after- a long weekend.

And on Bank Holidays there is no postal collection or deliveries either.
  • Thanks, Carol.
    Um... I'm English so I do know what Bank Holidays are, I just didn't know dates had been changed this year. :)
  • Sorry Claudia- so many people who live outside the UK, don't know what they are. :)
  • You can take the girl out of England - you can't take England out of the girl! :)