Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

New digital publisher open to submissions

edited January 2012 in - Resources
Just received an email about a new digital publisher in London now open to submissions. If anyone is interested there website is:
http://wattlepublishing.com/

Comments

• Sorry, just checking whether I can post here.
  • Right I've logged out and back in, cleared all my cookies etc.

Midia, I tried to post some info earlier- I have some concerns about this new site. So I've e-mailed you the details.
  • How very mysterious. I am agog. Webbo unable to post? Carol with concerns, and tried to post, but couldn't...?
  • :) Carol has her investigative hat on, Liz but couldn't post for some reason, so Webbo was testing the system out. An industry email came through to me today from Gorkana about this new digital publisher and Carol did some investigating in to them. We think they are OK, but being a brand new company, with nothing to show and a bit of a vague website, Carol was rightly curious and cautious. I thought it might be a good resource for anyone interested in E Publishing who didn't want to go it alone, but only because it came to me via an industry contact. I don't personally know anything about the company and as with any publisher, always check them out.
    Mystery solved:)
  • Oh darn it, couldn't you have made up something a little more interesting?

Webbo kidnapped?

Carol in a car chase?
  • As I can't drive I'd have to be a passenger, and as my neck and shoulders are not great at the moment, a car chase is definitely out. :)

As Midia says the details came from a reliable source. It's likely as they are new they are trying to limit their overheads, hence the vagueness.

But as with any company you want to consider, find out about them and ask them questions.
  • Hmmm - they have left at least two hanging sentences on that first page! And the links don't go anywhere...