Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Narrating my own work

You may recall that I recently posted about my venture into converting my stories to speech via AI, and posting the results on my YouTube channel. While the voice quality is generally good, some nuances and stresses let the side down. The logical solution was to narrate the things myself.

I'm no Alan Bennett, but I chose this monologue, about a hapless old chap who is thrust into the alien world of text messaging, to try out my narration skills. I wrote it years ago, specifically for the Lost Souls monologue callout. My entry was disqualified because (like many others, apparently) I submitted it in the form of a short story, when it should have been scripted with directions and sound effects and suchlike.

Anyway, if you'd like to listen to it, here's the link  :)

Comments

• Great sound quality, and you have an excellent voice for audio delivery!
  • I haven't listened to it all yet, but the voice is great and very listenable to.
  • Your similes appealed to me i.e. 'cards like the horizon line of a city on the windowsill'. I liked your northerly accent and deep voice too.
  • Tiny Nell said:
    Great sound quality, and you have an excellent voice for audio delivery!

Thank you. I usually cringe at hearing my voice, but I was quite happy with this one :)
  • heather said:
    I haven't listened to it all yet, but the voice is great and very listenable to.

Thanks for commenting. Several people on here and other platforms have said they like my voice, so I'll record another story soon :)

• Your similes appealed to me i.e. 'cards like the horizon line of a city on the windowsill'. I liked your northerly accent and deep voice too.
    Thanks. I've received positive comments for my use of imagery in other stories, so I'm pleased that you picked up on that. I actually held back on that recording because my natural accent is full-on geordie.  :)