Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help me

edited December 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• I'm rather concerned by all this especially if spams involved and my email is now on show to all and sundry.  Anyone know how I unregister and clear my name off system? 
  • This definitely Tracy - 100%. 
  • Sorry can't help you there Tracy.  Have noticed that you don't appear in the list of member's profiles, I wanted to send you an email to ask you to stay with us.  It would be a shame if you left because of these problems.
  • we've been busy posting replies to the WN thread about problems, so they should be taking notice of it as soon as poss, really.  So sorry you are having all these problems. Sending you all good wishes for Christmas and New Year.
  • Thanks Cooper, DorothyD.  I'm more concerned about the knock-on effect on everything - the site, my email, and just how bloody annoying it is for everyone, me included.  I'd logged out then just popped in to see if people were having problems and they still are.  I've got a feeling they won't be looking at the site over the weekend.  I'm not going to post or log in anymore unless someone tells me how to unsubscribe then I'll just change my username. 
  • Hi, Tracy. Sorry that this time someone's made use of the website glitch. Presumably it must be another member - hope it's just a one-off 'joke'. It'll probably be just this one person who's seen your e-mail address, and they might not be able to use it unless they want to give away theirs, too. If you can log on, then they're obviously not using your Talkback account at the same time.
  • [email protected] This is Webbo's email address. it might be worth sending the urgent problems to him directly rather than just hoping he sees the site. If they are marked as high priority hopefully it will bring action. I can't find any other 'website who to contact' details on the Writers News or Warners site. I just hope he is working over the next few days.
  • Tracy, this is Lily.  Today I've managed to log on as myself, but every time I've visited the site in recent days I find I am already logged on as you.  If I log off and try to come back as myself I get error messages when I try to post anything.  Hope you get some joy in resolving the problems.  I'll try emailing Webbo myself too, though with it being Christmas maybe no-one will be working now.
  • Hi Tracy,

I just logged on (for the first time in a while) and found myself logged on as you. Hopefully they will get this problem fixed soon.