Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

endless life or non-dying characters

edited December 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Hi I have this little problem reguarding characters in my novel only I would like them to be as realistic as possible in the book, but also I would like them not to die, I know its sounds a bit far fetched but this novel of mine is going to written like a adventure game book.
    The only problem I don't know how to manage the live-line obviously each character will have to have a certain amount of lives, but how do write it so that one character finishes and another starts ?
    I would appreciate any idea's or help you might have.
                   Phil.      
  • In the story you could make a point of saying that these people gradually change into someone else.  Maybe they can detect some emerging new characteristics/features/abilities in themselves, so they know these are the warning signs that they will soon morph into a new person.
    Someone else might have a better idea!
  • Re-generation, Dr Who style?
  • Are they vampires?
  • Could they shed their skin like a snake? Then "step" out of the skin and straight into a new(ish) character?
  • okay thank-you for your ideas please keep them coming I am planning to some writing tonight as its one of the items on my to-do list, I also would to add some special powers to some of characters like the animorphs have.

Have a good xmas and a excellant new year.
    I am going to spend new years eve doing some writing I think.
                            Phil. 
  • You could always have them 'graduating' to the next unseen level or higher plane after they've achieved a certain status or solved the clues or whatever you have them do. That way you could bring in new characters, either from the baseline, or where the others left off, to go through their own set of circumstances.