Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Profile glitch???

edited August 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Does anyone know what is up with the profiles, I just tried to edit mine and got a load of rubbish code ( no comment about that being appropriate is required thanks) with no way to save a new one. 
  • Usually it's not a problem. Suggest you contact Webbo and explain what it did. [email protected]
  • Already tried that.  That's why I was checking to see if anyone else had a problem.
  • Hi Lixxy, no problems here.
  • Hi Lixxy,
    I edited my profile a few days ago and it seemed to accept the change without any problems.

I wonder whether it was a problem with the web server at the time.

Anyway, what's wrong with your profile - sounds good to me ;-)
  • Thanks Jason, I just wanted to put in something a bit less formal - sounds like I am just a list of qualifications!  Probably me being paranoid.
  • Lixxy, I just re-read your profile. Are you really only 57 inches, or did you mean 5 feet 7 inches? I can imagine you now like a little tiny fairy person holding a great big pen.
  • Lixxy,
    I wouldn't worry about your profile being too formal. And it says a lot more about you besides your qualifications!!
    We even get a description of you and your hobbies!
    That's much braver than I was!!!
  • Viv- it does say  5' 7"!!!!!!  I just forgot to put the space in cos I was 'avin' a moment!!!! 

Jason - cheers for the comments (pay you later).
  • And you a proofreader too!
  • Aw shucks Lixxy,

Another illusion shattered. I quite like the thought of you being a "Tinkerbell" type Imp (well tinker any way).
  • Cheers Viv!  Way to kick a girl when she's down! Tee hee.
  • Lixxy,
    Well I reckon a fiver should cover it!!

Claudia,
    Read Lixxy's profile it's far more interesting than mine!!

(That's a tenner now Lixxy)
  • Put it on my tab, Jason. 
  • You never told me you had a tab, Lixxy!!

So are you still intending to change your profile?
  • Okay, I really am going to have to spit my dummy out now!  Just tried to edit my profile again and there is no 'submit' button on the page to save the changes.  WEBBO - please please please tell me what I am doing wrong!
  • And before anybody says it - I have tried to email webbo and the link for him doesn't seem to be working either!!!!  I am stamping my feet now!
  • I would e-mail him from your own system Lixxy.
    I suspect that when there was that last major problem of no Talkback for nearly three days, some of the bits may have had to be disabled until they could be attended to.
  • Are you serious? No Talkback for three days? You must all have been going nuts.
  • We were out of contact from early on the Friday evening, until about 10 o'clock on the Monday morning, but fortunately many of us had an e-mail address for one or two others, so we were able to confirm it wasn't just our computers. But there was mass withdrawal symptons everywhere.
  • But an awful lot more writing got done.
  • How apt that Grovegirl should steal my post in a thread called Profile glitch
  • Was that you, IK? I wondered who Grovegirl was!
  • IK, Webbo asked to be told about the names you've been swapped with when you log on.
  • Alright Webbo - I still haven't had a response from you, either on the thread or via the THREE emails I have sent you .  I am starting to get a bit paranoid here!
  • Lixxy - Hope you don't mind but I've sent Webbo a short email on your behalf re you not getting a reply from him. I thought maybe your emails weren't getting through for some reason.
  • Same here, wanted to change profile but failed.  Lixxie, I think your profile is swell.
  • Try putting a thread up titled like 'Webbo we need your help'. If that doesn't work then you can try something else.
  • I'll try it Carol and see what happens.  Is it my imagination or was Webbo an actual presence this time last year?  I distinctly remember getting jumped on from a great height by the little blighter!
  • Since the changes in job position earlier in the year, I believe Webbo has needed assistants, and we all know how busy they can get at this time of year.
  • Are you saying that Webbo is actually ......... SANTA CLAUS?!!!
  • Not any more - Santa is a real person!!!!!!!
  • Unfortunately not Santa, or we could have lined up and asked for our Christmas wish, a publishing contract.