Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Fizzing - the Internet email failed to send my assignment

edited November 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• I just do not understand this. When I sent my WN Home Study Assignment to my tutor, I was told it had been safetly sent yet I have just received notification that my tutor did not receive it. It just goes to show that the Internet email system is not truly reliable. In fact Writer's News informed me they twice tried to contact me, each time lost in the ether. I am fed up. I am just beginning to wonder if I should bother to send it via the Net next time.
  • I sometimes have e-mails disappear into the ether.
    I know a couple of e-mail servers can receive mine, but can't get replies back to me. I was trying to book a writer for the club, and last year I'd not got a reply, so contacted them again, and mentioned I'd had no response last year.
    They had replied by e-mail, but neither message reached me. So this time they rang me as well as e-mailing. Fortunate they did because the e-mail had not arrived this time either.
  • emails, bane of my life. Orders with downloads go missing, people mistype addresses and I can't send the orders, one friend insisted she could not write to my Google address, only my Yahoo address, but if you put anything in the post ... there's a very good chance of it going astray too!
  • emails, bane of my life. Orders with downloads go missing, people mistype addresses and I can't send the orders, one friend insisted she could not write to my Google address, only my Yahoo address, but if you put anything in the post ... there's a very good chance of it going astray too!
  • You're taking no chances that this message will go astray, Dorothy!!
  • apologies, people, the system did not show me that it was working, the little green bars didn't come up at the bottom of the screen. It just looked at me with that bland look it has sometimes, like 'so tell me to do something, then!'
  • I sent my WN poetry assignments online to Rachel Bellerby who then forwarded them to my tutor. If I hadn't heard from her that she had received them I always emailed her again and checked.
  • Comforting to know in a way that I am not the only person to experience these problems with the Internet. Thank you everyone
  • Still would not go through for some strange reason so Rachael very kindly gave me the Freepost address to avoid paying a stamp - sent an apologetic letter to my poor tutor - keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to do it again although I am prepared if it does happen, best to get it right at this stage than make an ass of myself later when I want to make a living out of scriptwriting. Young squirrels don't crack the nut through immediately, it takes a lot of practise I believe so it maybe the case with my fourth assignment.
  • let us know how you get on, please!
  • edited January 2008
    I will, don't you worry.

Another computer glitch mangled my assignment. When I sent it off initially, it looked fine then it all got muddled up in the wrong order so I had another go and sent it Freepost. When the net works, it is great, when it does not, well it is unprintable. It is a bit like that little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead, when it is good, it is very good, when it is horrid, it is a spoilt little brat in my opinion