Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Next post strike dates

edited October 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• 'Last night, the Communication Workers Union gave the required seven days' notice of the following series of rolling 24-hour strikes from next week:

* All standard sorting centres and airport offices from 6pm Monday, October 15

* All delivery offices and collection hubs from 3am Tuesday, October 16

* All Royal Mail network drives from noon Wednesday, October 17

* Mechanised data entry centres noon Thursday, October18

* Heathrow World Distribution Centre, which is used to sort nearly all international mail, from 2pm, Thursday, October 18 '

The current strike will continue until 3am tomorrow.

From the online Times.
  • Thanks, Carol. I've been trying to work out when to send a couple of books to the Guildford Book Festival. Can't help thinking it'd be better to drive over there. Maybe our great, but dyslexic, postman can help.
  • I'm still receiving mail but not posting any.
  • You know, the postal strikes are a real concern - on Friday I posted a submission off (to 14 different publishers), it cost a small fortune and I've no idea if or when it will arrive.
    Royal Mail were saying that if you delayed posting anything they would not be processed until after the backlog had been delivered.
    I still don't know when these submissions will be delivered, but at least I know they were fairly early on in the queue that must be building up.
    Let's hope it's all sorted out soon.
  • Isn't it a treasonable offence to delay the Royal Mail - or does that only apply to the Queen's letters?
  • It`s a treasonable offence to delay the arrival here in Germany of my birthday parcel from my pal Judy in Cambridgeshire, posted 2 days ago! I shall make Her Majesty personally responsible if it arrives after the day!
  • From the Palace.
    'Her Royal Highness deeply regrets the delay of the birthday present to Germany. She says that she is not amused'.