Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help I'm getting addicted!

edited October 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• I'm sitting here reading talkback, when I am supposed to be getting ready to go to a business meeting, that is one of the few bits of work that pays me real money these days. Is there a cure?
  • Hello Mutley, sorry no cure is currently available but we do have a support group!
  • Hello, Mutley.  My name is Rebecca and I'm addicted to Talkback too. It's been a few hours since I last indulged, mainly because I had to get some sleep.
  • Hi Mutley,
    no, this addiction is terminal, sorry!
  • Sorry once you're hooked there's no cure, but it is a pleasant and fun malady.
  • Hi Mutley, did you used to watch a cartoon called 'Catch the Pidgeon'? There was a dog called Mutley, who always got the wrong end of the bone. He was my favourite character.
  • I'm a fellow addict and have to ration my time or nothing would get done.
  • Has anyone ever tried to give up Talkbackers or are the withdrawall symptoms just too painful?
  • I wouldn't even bother trying to give it up. I'd be too curious about all the fun you're having behind my back and what everybody is getting up to. I'm afraid the pull is just too strong . . .
  • I'm still in denial.
  • This is definitely one of the best forums I've come across - both in terms of user friendliness and support. I'm still new here but suspect I may join you in your addiction.
  • Hello Lisa.
  • Lisa, the addiction will grab you just when you've turned and looked the other way!  You have been warned!
  • Talking of addiction, I'm dawdling on here wasting time when I should be getting on with my chapter breakdown.  Off I go...
  • Hello. My name is IG and I am addicted to Talkback. It has been 3 minutes since my last hit of Talkback.
  • There's no cure, but it's good to suffer the addiction with friends and you don't have a hangover afterwards;  you just have a bit of guilty conscience about the work you should have been doing instead, but it soon passes.

• "THE GUILT WILL PASS."
    Hey, I think I'm gonna make that my mantra. And put it on a t-shirt and sell copies.
  • Love that doeraymee, just says everything.
    Hello Lisa.
  • OK, finished chapter breakdown.  Now have to type it up...