Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

strange computer problem

edited June 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• I have just got a new laptop. Hurrah! The problem is that the @ on the keyboard comes up on the screen as "  Does anyone know how to put this right?
  • Hi, Tilly. You're up early! Can't help with your computer problem, but I have visions of one computer assembler/programmer ??? passing the computer on to another - who fails to notice the plea for help. Or does, but can't. I can see that e-mails might be difficult. Have you asked the shop you bought the laptop from?
  • I have a feeling you can change what is typed by a key. Maybe the computer whizzkids on Talkback can talk you through it.
  • You've probably got your keyboard set as being from the United States. Try changing it: Control Panel - Regional and Language Settings.
  • I'm pretty sure Themoabird is right - I've had that problem - caused by exactly that issue and solved by using that suggestion - when using the pcs in a training room as part of a course I was running last year.
  • Thank you Themoabird and Katy. You were right. Problem solved now. I knew Talkback would come up with the answer.
    Hi Jay, I never get up early. I'm a chronic insomniac and lately I've been going to bed around 4a.m. It's often daylight when I go to sleep. I think my ancestors were from Transylvania...
  • My son jokingly said I must be a vampire because garlic upsets my stomach-so I don't go near the stuff!
  • Awfully good for you Carol, purifies the blood. Perhaps you have had a surfeit of the stuff. A little of what ye fancy does ye good, I don't know what they say about excess.
  • Nothing succeeds like excess
  • Oh help, another set of puns!
  • puny innit it?
  • I thought it was nothing succeeds like a budgie.