Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in June's magazines?

2»

Comments

• Hey Howard I noticed that too. At least if they are writing it stops them talking. 
    (let's see how many responses I get to that now LOL)
  • Well done, everyone.
  • Anyanka, I enjoyed your story.
  • It was a good story, Anyanka.  I liked the three-acts balancing of it.  And the linking thread of the saying on the wall.
  • I've just bought my copy of WM in York today, and read the letter.  I feel kind of wicked now.  Still no sign of Don Henderson yet though, is there?.  I noticed how WM have inserted bits that I definitely didn't write.

My sister's reaction has perturbed me a bit.  "You sound like a man".  Oh well, I suppose that is what writing from a male perspective does to you.
  • Editing for space, but in reverse instead?
  • Stirling, what letter? I think I've missed something!
  • The letter is under the title 'Talkback Invitation' and you missed it because it's under my real name Feona Bowey.  Easy omission.

I think the reason they added to it was advertise their forum (not especially surprising).  They've added the web address and inserted the word webmaster.  Not that I'm complaining, just that I've always been edited not added to!.

Not that I'm being big-headed, but I was pretty certain it would be printed.  It is a great way for the magazine to draw people's attention to the forum who may otherwise might not have known about us.

I really hope it brings in more newbies (and hopefully no flamers).
  • I really enjoyed your story Anyanka, thank you!
  • Just read the story Writing on The Wall, and I agree it was very good. I liked the fact that even the apparently got-it-all rich person is dissatisfied with life. Well done!
  • Well done everyone!  The rest of us will crop up at some time; be sure of that.
  • Congratulations everyone in WN this month! Carol, it's good to put a face to a name. It's a nice photo of you. :o)
    Josie, I read the Legend Press piece, it's really good.
    Anyanka, I really enjoyed your story! I liked your idea about the message on the wall. No wonder you won!
  • Thanks Helen.
    I took the June issue with me to show the members of the club, last week- some of whom were in the photo, and they were really pleased to be featured.
  • Hi Carol. You've achieved really good pulicity. Well done. It's great to see your picture and to be able to put a face to the name.
  • Yes, everyone's done very well.  It was a great issue.  Carol, nice to see you!  Hurrah. 
  • As there hasn't been much Talkbacker presence in WM/WN the past couple of months, it was good to see so many of us in this month's issue.
    And it is good to have a face to go with names.
  • Thanks Helen. A lot of people have read that and I'm pleased. It's going to raise the profile of Legend as well as myself. They're interested in submissions from new authors and I'm crossing all my fingers about my novel, which is still with them.